We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo Christmas breaks for young people

london
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Solo Christmas breaks for young people

Hi,

So I'm trying to do something different for Christmas rather than being the spare tyre my friends have to lug around to their families - just so I don't spend Christmas day with a box of wine and my cat.

I'm fine travelling alone, but all the Christmas breaks seem to be for older people. It's all three course meals in country houses, followed by a walk on the estate, and a quiz in the evening! Oooh!

Sod that - Downton Abbey just isnt my thing.

So are there any Christmas breaks out there geared more towards young people? I'm thinking more Jeagerbombs than dry sherry..

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,510 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo Christmas breaks for young people

Why not take a train/ferry or fly to Dublin for a few days? Find a hostel or cheap room downtown and just hang out, explore, and party.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
29,018 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo Christmas breaks for young people

Well I'm old and I've managed to spend some Christmasiiiisss snorkeling, diving, drinking and dancing & avoiding roast turkey.

Depends on what you like doing and what your budget is? Christmas away comes at a price.

Sluis, The...
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo Christmas breaks for young people

The Flemish art cities are easy to reach by Eurostar (2 hours from London to Brussels). Ghent and Antwerp are both vibrant cities with a good nightlife. Bruges is a more quiet picturesque getaway. Leuven and Mechelen are two of the less visited historic towns and Brussels is the buzzing capital.

www.visitflanders.co.uk

Belgium is a small country, all these cities are easy to reach by train, often only 20 to 60 minutes. Max. 1h30.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
63,140 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo Christmas breaks for young people

It sounds like you are just looking at package tours??

Why don't you just see where you can go that appeals and just go there!

My daughter decided one year to look around at airfares and the next thing we knew she was flying to Rio de Janeiro for Christmas/New Years EVE!

She just got on a plane and went ! (and had a great time)

5. Re: Solo Christmas breaks for young people

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2013, 09:15
Get answers to your questions