We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How would you spend evenings out in Paris - solo?

London
Level Contributor
138 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
How would you spend evenings out in Paris - solo?

I will be travelling to Europe this December for a bit of a winter holiday and also to feel the Christmasy atmosphere. My first stop is Paris. While I have a lot of ideas of what to do in Paris during the way, as a solo traveller how would you spend the evenings in Paris? I would particularly want to see the city lights and as it will be December, maybe something festive during the evenings?

Essex
Level Contributor
27,173 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How would you spend evenings out in Paris - solo?

You could do an evening boat trip, some Museums stay open late.

Perhaps a Christmas Concert would entice you. A late dinner with the people watching opportunities??

Theatre or Cinema??

Post again on, or browse in the Paris Forum, because this question gets asked there a LOT and there are loads of great answers and knowlege out there already....

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g187147-i14-Pari…

Brazil, Indiana
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How would you spend evenings out in Paris - solo?

yah definitely it will be fun. Enjoy and take care!

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,410 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How would you spend evenings out in Paris - solo?

I've been thinking about the same thing, as I will be going solo to Paris in March. I'm thinking about ballet tickets one night and maybe some concerts in churches for some of the others. In London I usually go to the theatre, but I'm not sure that would go so well in French. In Berlin I just kept sightseeing until things closed then ate dinner around 7 or 8 PM at which point it was late enough to go back to the hotel, email my daughter, and go to bed.

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
Level Contributor
6,027 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How would you spend evenings out in Paris - solo?

I had been in Paris 2-3 years ago for 2+ weeks. That was end of January/February so dark was coming early. I am very much into sightseen, so I spent lots of my evenings on the museums, if my memory serves me right, Louvre was open till 8 PM or so on Wednesdays and Fridays or something. Musee du Quai Branly was an other favorite.Although dark was coming early at tis time of the year, I pleasantly spent many happy evening hours simply walking around. Of course I did not go around dodgy dark lanes, but on the other hand I do not like to be over-cautious when on safe areas. When I felt it was about time for dinner, I would often go on a small local restaurant for a sit-down meal shipping a glass of wine , having a look on my guidebok and/or notes, photos etc.... Often I would simply take a take away meal to enjoy in my hotel room as I travel on a budget and I often saved on cost that way... I am not extremely into nightlife when traveling abroad, but one or two nights I joined a friend to the Quartier Latin bars and then I saw that it was quite easy to go there by my self too. I has a couple of very nice nights meeting people and socialize as a solo traveler at this area, and I did not felt unsafe.I was located on Chatelet- Les Halles area which was supposed to be less lively that other areas and less clean and tidy, but I had no issues walking around this area and having some decent meals.... Maybe some group of young people hunging around metro seemed not so welcoming, but that was it. I am not much into theatre or ballet so I can not help with that one...

Edited: 20 November 2012, 07:07
San Diego...
Level Contributor
167 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How would you spend evenings out in Paris - solo?

i'm not sure about Paris, but in general:

[1] finding a girl to take on a date = find her in the morning

[2] finding a drunk guy = @ night in a club.

6. Re: How would you spend evenings out in Paris - solo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 17:17