We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hotels in Sharm for Solos??

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
Best Hotels in Sharm for Solos??

Hi All,

I'm going to Sharm in February and haven't booked anything as yet. I'm compiling a shortlist and of course doing my Tripadvisor research on hotels. I just wondered if anyone has experience of hotels in Sharm that cater better than other for solo travellers?

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
26,902 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Hotels in Sharm for Solos??

Hi Mark, mostly it's going for the sun or the sea. If you check the hotels you have in mind and click on the 'solos' option to see their reviews and what they have to say about it.

Avoid ones with major water parks or childrens facilities and the rest are going to be pretty much the same.

There are some solo DE travellers on the Sharm el Sheikh forum if you look at their profiles. You could see which ones they have reviewed.

I went to the Melia Sinai tho it's hard to find an agent from the UK now. It was fine with a great reef.

Or look at the Solo Holidays website and see which hotel they go to. I think they are the only ones who do Sharm.

uk
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Hotels in Sharm for Solos??

Hi Mark

I've been to Sharm three times on my own and while I'm no expert I'd say you'd do well to look at the Sultan Gardens resort (if you're just interested in chilling out).

We all know evenings can be a bit tricky when travelling solo but it wasn't an issue here. The main dining area has a side room so you can always find a table and enjoy your meal without feeling too self conscious. There's also a nice bar area upstairs where you can relax and watch sports, read a book, have a few drinks etc. It's also a great place to meet other guests.

if you have any specific questions just send a PM.

Cheers

Neil

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Hotels in Sharm for Solos??

I've just checked out the prices for the Sultan Gardens for 10 days in Feb and it's coming in at well over a grand. My budget is £800 so I've ruled that one out. I've pretty much narrowed down my search to either the Iberotel il Mercato or the Beach Albatross. Anyone stayed at either of these hotels?

uk
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Hotels in Sharm for Solos??

That's quite steep, mind you I only do 7 days myself as that's long enough for me. Hope you get something booked.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Hotels in Sharm for Solos??

Well after extensive research I've booked in at the Iberotel Il Mercato. It gets great reviews and doesn't charge a single supplement, which is very rare. I'm going in february and I've got a great deal

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Hotels in Sharm for Solos??

Hi. Did you book direct with the hotel ?

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Hotels in Sharm for Solos??

No I booked through lowcostholidays. The hotel seems very popular with solo travellers and they look after you, which is refreshing to say the least. There are around 70 solo reviews which is very high

London, England
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
9,874 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Hotels in Sharm for Solos??

Please get back to us on the forum with how the hotel worked out for you. There are lots of solo Brits looking for sun in February.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Hotels in Sharm for Solos??

Yes will do. I'm going in a couple of weeks.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
26,902 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Hotels in Sharm for Solos??

I'll ditto that please Mark. I was going to Marsa Alam for the snorkeling but it's not so good in Feb there.

Desperately just need some sun :-)