We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Voula

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
84 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Voula

Hi, just wondered if any solo travellers had stayed here.

Diane

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
Level Contributor
6,027 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Voula

Diane, solo travel forum is mostly for generic questions, there are billion hotels over the world, if everyone starts asking about one on the forum, forum will be a mess and changes of a forum member staying in the one hotel you are interested in are pretty slim anyway...

It would help to at least mention a localtion rather than a hotel name, I googled and I see at least 3 places with this name, one in Corfu, one in Loutra Pozar and one in Santorini in Greece...

I am not familiar with any of them, but may I ask in order to help us help you whay troubles you or what you need to know? If I gess right from a previous question your are interested on Perissa,Santorini. I quite guess you are after a package deal from UK? WHEN you plan to visit? Is this your first time on Santorini? If it is on a school holidays period, you will quite possibly holiday along with many families. Outside this period, more adults and seniors around rather than teenagers and families... Perissa is a low key resort on Santorini attracting all kind of people, but mostly package visitors and a few devoted fans of Santorini who have bonds with the specific area. It is a cheaper and more quaint part of Santorini that other parts but on my very personal opinion,I never et why people go to Santorini if they are interested on a beach... Santorini is a place to go enjoy the caldera side of the island with its unique setting or to visit the important Akrotiri excavation rather than go for a beach holiday. Beach is black volcanic sand/grit/pebbles or even black roacks and Perissa is no exception...

For the specific place, I get is it is an appartments/studios self catering place or one with limited facilities such as breakfast and maybe a snack bar. Not sure. There are tons of those places on the islands nowadays, many of them are used by major tour operators that pay a very small rate, so studio owners try to survive by charging many things as extras,that would be included on a higher rate. For example many travel agents do not mention this, but studios might charge a weekly fee for air condition use or safe box use or for breakfast, and rates on snack bar might be a bit too high. Not sure what about the particular accomodation...

I urge you to read TA reviews and ask on the appropriate forum, posting some more specific info and questions.

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
84 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Voula

Thank you for your reply. Kind regards

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
25,821 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Voula

Diane, from your previous posts I am getting the feeling you don't know how TA really works for you.

Type in the large box at the top of the page by the logo - Villa Voula reviews.

It will give all sorts but down the page there is a review.

Click on the first review. It will bring up the reviews.

It will also show traveller rating and best of all under TripType who wrote them. This has only family and couples. Not a good sign for a solo traveller.

Do this with each hotel. Find one that has Solo Travel Reviews under the Trip Type heading. Click on that heading to see what other solo travellers thought of it.

This is a useful tool - I've got really good information from it. Solo travellers usually mention things like where the single rooms are positioned in a hotel (ie at the back by the railway!) how they fitted in or were treated, whether they felt comfortable at the hotel.

I hope this makes sense and helps you find your way around :-) If not let me know and we can try again.

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
84 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Voula

Thank you for your help. Best wishes

5. Re: Villa Voula

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 16:16