We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stuck where to go!

Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Stuck where to go!

Hi guys

I'm leaving my current job in December and have a month or two to kill before my new role starts.

My job takes up lots of time so I haven't managed to organise anything this year, so I'd like to do something great in January/February whilst I have the chance. I'm going to be travelling on my own which I've never really done before. All my friends are getting old, boring and married!

I've arrange a few days in London and Berlin in January, can anybody think of somewhere nice and warm to go, or any cheap mini city breaks?

I went to Cancùn last year which was great, really enjoyed Chichen Itza. Budget is flexible for the right place.

Thanks

Dan

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
444 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stuck where to go!

with out much else to go, such as where you are coming from, I would recommend south Asia(Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia) if you are in Europe, Central America (panama, thru till Belize) if you are from north America. mostly because flights are cheaper that way. I have done both, and they pack quite a punch for your dollar. meet the best people, see some pretty exotic places. as the ad says 'you will have better stories'.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,042 posts
5,329 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stuck where to go!

Indeed, a bit more information like where you are departing from, how much time you have to spend and budget would be helpful.

Warm in December means being in the Tropical zone or Southern Hemisphere so Im in agreement with the suggestions below. I would throw in a direct flight to Cape Town if you are presently in the UK or Europe. RSA is a personal favorite of mine, just a great country to visit. Cape Town is a top city in the world to visit and Kruger is a top safari destination. Can't go wrong with this destination. Although, Thailand is also up there among the very best. January is a good time to visit there as well.

Cambridge, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Stuck where to go!

If you're looking for "somewhere warm" I would NOT recommend coming to the UK, December to February are two of the coldest months we have in the year.

I also see an above poster mentioned going to Southeast Asia, however I'd recommend if you wished to really get the most from it you'd need to go travelling there for at least 3 months.

Not too experienced outside of those areas myself but South America could be good, it's cheaper than the states and you could still make the most out of the travelling experience.

As an above poster said, South Africa is a great and beautiful place to visit, flights are very expensive to get there though.

Depending on your budget it's hard to say many options without being wrong.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stuck where to go!

Single guy. Someplace warm in January/February. Budget is not overly strict. Brazil.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,042 posts
5,329 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stuck where to go!

Brazil is a good option, can have a lot of fun in Rio! ;-)

6. Re: Stuck where to go!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2013, 06:16