We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need a get-away on short notice

Madison, Wisconsin
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
I need a get-away on short notice

Looking for a relaxing getaway in the US last week in March. Since I'm a woman who will be traveling solo, feeling safe is my biggest requirement. Would like warm, but not hot temps and scenic views. Availability of massage and good food a plus, but not required. Planning to use this time to relax and write.

A cottage on a beach would be ideal. I'm willing to spend up to $200 a night, but really not wanting a place that is real fancy.

I'm a down-to-earth person that just wants to drink up some peace between jobs.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
25,447 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I need a get-away on short notice

Thinkfreely, what have you looked at so far? It would be helpful if you could give a bit more detail.

Which areas are you considering? Are you wanting AI or B&B?

How much are you proposing to pay for travel & transfer to your hotel? How far are you willing to travel?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,321 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I need a get-away on short notice

How about Key West or San Diego?

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
21,047 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I need a get-away on short notice

Does it have to be continental U.S.? Not that many beaches have warm weather in March, unless you go to Florida.

What about the U.S. Virgin Islands or Puerto Rico? If that's a possibility, I'd suggest posting on those forums.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I need a get-away on short notice

No place in the USA is going to be hot-hot temperature-wise late March. Not even the Arizona desert. You are also going to want to avoid Spring Break meccas, so Florida is out. So a warm beach where the spring break crowd is absent? Tough order. Savannah, GA, maybe? Central California coast?

5. Re: I need a get-away on short notice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2014, 05:16