We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a great place to travel the next 6-7 days.

Dubai, United Arab...
1 post
Save Topic
Need a great place to travel the next 6-7 days.

I'm looking to travel somewhere, solo, for the next 6-7 days. I literally cannot decide on where to go? I have access to flights anywhere and will be departing out of Dubai. Is Phuket somewhere fun to go alone? Any suggestions? I've already been to Bangkok, Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Australia, South Africa and most of Europe... Looking for sightseeing and relaxing.. I keep leaning towards Phuket as I haven't been, but seems like more for groups and families.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
28,288 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a great place to travel the next 6-7 days.

Sri Lanka? Sightseeing, hills and beaches?

London, England
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
10,073 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a great place to travel the next 6-7 days.

Luxor? Aswan? Zanzibar? Pole Pole on Mafia Island, Tanzania?

Thinking about it a bit further, Zanazibar could be perfect. A few days in Stonetown (Zanzibar Coffee House) followed by a few days at a beach resort.

Lots to see and do.

Edited: 15 June 2013, 19:33
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a great place to travel the next 6-7 days.

My own travel bias here, but I don't think anywhere is worth staying put for 6-7 days. Maybe I just view vacation/holiday travel as too precious, but even the most wonderful place on earth seems to me to be worth five days maximum. So if I had six or seven days, I would be looking to split it between two destinations.

Added benefit of splitting: if one of the places is a dud (Phuket, e.g,), your whole vacation is not ruined. You got a whole another place to pack in the holiday fun.

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
12,937 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a great place to travel the next 6-7 days.

I would have also suggested Sri Lanka, but Sue beat me to it!

What about Bali?

A beautiful island, lovely people, easy to get a car and driver, mixture of good beach resorts, activities ( bike ride down a volcano/white water rafting/diving/snorkling) stunning scenery, and the cultural centre in Ubud is fantastic with loads to see and do, and some excellent spa's. Bali has a good range of accomodaton to suit all styles and budgets.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
114 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need a great place to travel the next 6-7 days.

Puket is great but the nightlife is a bit dodgey. You could always go out to Phi Phi Island it is really a nice spot for a few days. The rush of Phuket and relax in Phi Phi there is the choice of Island hoping from there also the water is Aqua clear. I love Bali and mcpinder is on the ball with Ubud in the mountains. 3 nights on the beach and 3 in the mountains. There is a great hotel choice up there and the spa treatments a fantastic lots to see and do in Bali perfect for 6-7 night you lucky ducky :)

Enjoy Romi :)

6. Re: Need a great place to travel the next 6-7 days.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2014, 05:16