We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best resort for solo traveller in Majorca

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Best resort for solo traveller in Majorca

Hi All,

I'm in my early 50's and looking to go to Majorca 1st week in September on AI. I general want to chill out in a nice hotel, on the beach with decent food and a good bar/pool bar. Preferably a primarily British resort with no 18-30 brigade in a hotel with not too many children. I'm on a total budget of around £900 for 8 nights AI.

I'm really struggling picking a suitable resort that ticks all the boxes. I certainly don't want Magaluf, but at the same time don't want a resort that's has no life at all. Middle of the road I guess

Any suggestions would be very greatly appreciated.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
27,991 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best resort for solo traveller in Majorca

You might get a wider range of answers on the Majorca forum as we will be thin on the ground here for resorts and AI.

I do know that the area mainly attracts party & family groups so unless you want to join one of them you need to have a look at the reviews of the resorts there. Click on the 'Solo Reviews' above the reviews to see what people say.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,573 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best resort for solo traveller in Majorca

I thought you had pretty much decided on Sol Mirlos/Tordos?

London, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best resort for solo traveller in Majorca

We are staying at the Platja D or Hotel in Porta Alcudia,which you might like to consider..

It is an adults only and has nightly entertainment..It is also opposite a beautiful beach.

Hope you have a good holiday,wherever you decude...

preston
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best resort for solo traveller in Majorca

I have just come back from Majorca as solo traveller . I stayed at sentido cala vinas. Adults only and stayed AI for 7 days paid £697 fights incl. Lovely hotel quiet and relaxing with beautiful views. Advise stay in room above 7th floor for views and feel more private. I will shortly be writing review on trip advisor kel230.Lovely rep called Debbie really friendly as was alittle nervous as first time away on own. Went on a few trips and little beach 2min walk from hotel.20min walk away from maguluf, but hotel area quiet and magulaf could be miles away although did only venture into maguluf for walk morning lunch time and was lovely walk along beach. with lovely tavern with lovely friendly staff 1min walk from hotel .good luck sentido is lovely clean hotel . good luck x kelly

preston
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best resort for solo traveller in Majorca

message me if you want any other info, kind regards kelly

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best resort for solo traveller in Majorca

WOW!!!!!!!!!! I've just had a look at that hotel and it looks brilliant and perfect for me. Thanks very much Kelly. What a find. It hadn't come up in any of my searches. I will PM you with a lot of questions

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best resort for solo traveller in Majorca

Who did you book through Kelly?

8. Re: Best resort for solo traveller in Majorca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2014, 05:17