We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo Travel to Bali

Llantwit Fardre...
4 posts
Save Topic
Solo Travel to Bali

Hi all.

I'm looking to travel solo to Bali in September and was hoping that someone could recommend a decent hotel. Im pretty overwhelmed by the choice, but looking for a place, near good surfing beaches and close to the night life. If anyone can share their experiences of places to stay it might make the decision making a little easier.

Im not looking for five star but i plan on being there for about two weeks so comfortable would be nice.

Also if anyone can recommend good surf hire place too that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance

Gav

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
249 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo Travel to Bali

Hi,

I have been to Bali many times surfing. Depends where you want to surf really.

If you want to stay somewhere a bit more comfortable, try the Green Garden Hotel in South Kuta, it's over 18s only, so there won't be families staying there (which makes it quiet around the pool).

The place is nice and you can walk across the road to the beach and you are right in front of all the Kuta Reef breaks (Kuta Reef, Middles, Airport Left and Right) and you can paddle out in 20 minutes or take one of the boats out. Board rental - is available on every corner but the quality varies - depending how good you are and what you need, take your own board.

Please note though - if you are young'ish and want to be meet other travellers, the more budget you go, ther better your chances are to meet people that can share car rides to Canggu and the Bukit Peninsula and also to party together. Hotels in Bali tend to be couples/families. Surfers tend to stay in homestays and budget guesthouses. I usually stay at the Sorga Cottages in Poppies 1 for around $30 per night with small brekkie/aircon/TV and small plunge pool and go to surf from there, You can walk to the beach in 5 min and to the Kuta Reef Boats in about 15 minutes along the beach. They do a free airport pick up.

You can check both places on their websites and reviews on tripadvisor.

May be book 2 nights and then see how you feel, where you would like to surf and go from there.

Good luck

Edited: 18 July 2013, 02:22
Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
24,977 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo Travel to Bali

You would have more options and experience posting on the Bali forum

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g294226-i7220-Ba…

The Australians also have a lot of experience with Bali so if you do a little search on the Australia forum in the little box above the forum you might find something.

Also what about a surfing forum. You might find a hotel frequented by other surfers which would be a good way to make friends. I would think you would also meet a lot of people with a similar interest on a surf beach.

Llantwit Fardre...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo Travel to Bali

all booked now. Thanks for your tips, ive gone for a hotel in the Kuta area instead, Means ive got an extra week out of it.

I'll do surfing through one of the schools, hire places on the beach and hopefully meet people that way.

Im 35 so id like to thing im youngish with a hint of common sense..maybe

Cheers both

4. Re: Solo Travel to Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2014, 06:19