We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

immigration conditions on return flight from thailand

Abu Dhabi, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
immigration conditions on return flight from thailand

hi,

I am an Indian, working in uae, in near future, i may have to visit Thailand for a training of three days. i would like to plan my travel like this, i start from Cochin to Thailand, stay there for a week and then back to Dubai for the second part of training and then join duty for 6 weeks ( I have a resident visa to be in uae ) and then back to Cochin. my doubt is that, as return ticket is a must for immigration clearance , will the immigration officer at Cochin airport insist me to have a return ticket from Thailand to Cochin instead of Dubai ? or is it mandatory to have cochin to thailand and thailand to cochin itinerary ?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,784 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: immigration conditions on return flight from thailand

Unless India is very different from other countries, immigration officers in Cochin could not care less if you will be admitted into Thailand or not - it is not their problem if you are not.

The airline may demand to see a ticket out of Thailand, since they must pay fines and the repatriation costs if they deliver an inadmissible person into Thailand. This actually has happened to me in Bangalore when I visited India during my stay in Thailand. It does not matter what is your destination as long as you will depart Thailand within 15 days of arrival, which is the validity period of a Thai visa on arrival. You will need a copy of this e-ticket also when you apply for the visa on arrival at the airport in Bangkok.

However, if you plan to apply for a tourist or business visa to Thailand, many Thai embassies seem to insist on being shown a return ticket. This is one more reason why VOA is a better option.

VOA is intended only for tourism, so while applying don't let it slip out that you will be spending some days in training, since that would be considered business.

Abu Dhabi, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: immigration conditions on return flight from thailand

thanks for the reply. Actually this question evoked when i overheard questioning by an immi.officer to someone in my queue during immigration checking in CIAL. they were asked to show the return ticket. so what i plan to do is to book my travel from cochin to bangkok and later phuket to dubai and join duty. hope it will be a pleasant experience. Thanks again for your time.

3. Re: immigration conditions on return flight from thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions