We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help planning a SUPER SOON Euro 4 day weekend...

Ramstein-Miesenbach...
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need help planning a SUPER SOON Euro 4 day weekend...

I found out today I have a 4 day weekend from Aug. 30th to Sep 2nd, so I'm trying to book a plane ticket somewhere in Europe by tomorrow (I live in Germany). I'm trying to go somewhere I haven't been before.

To make things a little easier: I'm a 23 yo male... I like both the "cultural"/scenic side of traveling as well as meeting new/cool people and a bit of partying. Basically a good mix in-between

So far I'm debating between: Somewhere in Norway/Finland/Denmark, Ibiza, Romania, Bulgaria, Malta, Ukraine, or Latvia...

Please help!

London, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help planning a SUPER SOON Euro 4 day weekend...

Why not go to London? Plenty of opportunities for partying with lots of museums and historic sights.

Essex
Level Contributor
27,642 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help planning a SUPER SOON Euro 4 day weekend...

What is your nearest Airport??

What are "easy" destinations from there??

Ramstein-Miesenbach...
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help planning a SUPER SOON Euro 4 day weekend...

My nearest airport is Frankfurt....

Those places I listed above are on the top of my list!

I've already been to London; I like it but I want to try somewhere new...

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,445 posts
5,657 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help planning a SUPER SOON Euro 4 day weekend...

Hello initialize

Welcome to the Solo Travel forum.

Have you identified plane tickets that will be available for each of these locations? I think this is a rather important first step. Make sure there are even affordable seats remaining on flights. Second, I would suggest shortlisting your cities (not countries) to 3-4. If you can do that, this panel of TA members and forum experts can better provide their thoughts for you.

Equally important to flights availability will be accommodations. You'll want to do a quick check to make sure there are suitable rooms at affordable prices as well. Suggest just using a hotel search engine / booking webiste like www.booking.com to spot check and see what is available for each city. This is a useful tool for such purpose during quick trip planning efforts.

Good luck with your quick research and hope you end up with a nice holiday.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,362 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help planning a SUPER SOON Euro 4 day weekend...

I'd go to Helsinki. Finnair have return flights for 270€ and www.omenahotels.com offer a rather unusual but inexpensive place to stay.

Omena are in Copenhagen as well, if you fancy that city. Air Berlin fly from FRA to CPH with a change at Berlin Tegel.

Ramstein-Miesenbach...
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help planning a SUPER SOON Euro 4 day weekend...

Thanks for the help guys; okay I narrowed it down to:

Oslo, Helsinki, Bucharest, or Copenhagen

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
321 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help planning a SUPER SOON Euro 4 day weekend...

Boring old Europe. Ukraine beats them all hands down. Kyiv plus Odessa, or Kyiv alone, have it all.

But if it's your first time, better not bother, indeed. Last-minute trip with no research is not the best way to fully enjoy Ukraine. Say. language barrier might be too much of irritation for unprepared traveller.

Edited: 20 August 2013, 07:47
8. Re: Need help planning a SUPER SOON Euro 4 day weekend...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2014, 06:20