We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling middle november - beginning december

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
25 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling middle november - beginning december

Hello

I am looking for a trip from the middle of november for 3 weeks.

Unfortunately my boyfriend couldn't take a holiday from work.

I would love to go to South-America but because I don't speak Spanish I was told it's not so safe.

Anybody has experience with this?

Asia is also high on my list.

I am not a first time traveler so the one thing I don't want or fancy hotels.

All tips or good travel places for november are welcome.

Thanks a lot

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
27,474 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling middle november - beginning december

Miek, South America is a big place. True you should know the area you are travelling throughly and research where not to go as well as where to. This is the same wherever you travel.

I enjoyed Peru at this time of year. It takes Christmas seriously with some beautiful stuff to see in the markets. I found Lima a little unnerving walking on my own and you do have to be aware. Costa Rica and Equador are said to be friendly. Why not research somewhere safe enough there and do internal trips? Think of it as a practise run making it a little easier and getting familiar with the country and if you like it go back for something more adventurous.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,707 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling middle november - beginning december

You might also consider the Yucatan peninsula of Mexico.

You fly into Cancun and then there are many interesting things to see/do in the area where you can ;use buses/collectivos(shared vans) etc. to get around.

In addition to warm water for swimming/beaches/snorkeling there are ancient Mayan ruins, fresh water swimming holes(called cenotes)with caves to explore etc.

3. Re: Travelling middle november - beginning december

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2014, 05:19