We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 Days in NYC alone? Best things to do?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
10 Days in NYC alone? Best things to do?

I am a 21 yo male travelling to NYC solo. Just wondering if anyone could give me any advice on what to do? will be my first solo trip! would be good to meet up with people so i dont spend my whole time alone! haha

Michael

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,109 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 Days in NYC alone? Best things to do?

Tahmic: Welcome to the Solo Travel forum. There are two ways for me to be helpful. First, type new york into the search box just above your post and click search. This will pull up the other posts where Solo Travel readers have inquired about NYC. Second, please pay a visit to the New York City forum (see link below). So much good information on the city, in general. There might be some meetup posts there, on the local forum. Third, come back and share what interests you have. Can't give you much advice if I don't know what you like to do.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g60763-i5-New_York…

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
22,121 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 Days in NYC alone? Best things to do?

The New York City forum contains loads of discussions on solo travel. It's a frequent topic there and you'll find lots of helpful insights.

East Haddam...
Level Contributor
584 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 Days in NYC alone? Best things to do?

Michael I would suggest while doing touristy stuff in NYC being your first time is a good thing, I would definitely tell you to get away from the tourist spots as well and explore some different neighborhoods.

I'm partial to the lower east side. Also take the subway over to Brooklyn and wander around Williamsburg.

If your not going to the Statue of Liberty or Ellis Island I would suggest taking a water taxi over to New Jersey to see the city full on.

4. Re: 10 Days in NYC alone? Best things to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2014, 06:19