We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo traveler in Malaysia - Penang, Langkawi or Kota Kinaba

Sydney, Australia
7 posts
Save Topic
Solo traveler in Malaysia - Penang, Langkawi or Kota Kinaba

Hi All,

I'm planning a short trip to Malaysia in Dec/Jan for 10 days. I'm planning to go to KL for a few days, but then would like to go to either Penang, Langkawi or Kota Kinabalu.

Which place would be best for a female, 24, solo traveller in terms of beaches, things to see/do, relaxing, shopping, eating?

Thanks in advance :D

Johor Bahru
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo traveler in Malaysia - Penang, Langkawi or Kota Kinaba

Hi Jess,

My opinion is that if you are a party goer or just wanna go shopping around, then Kuala Lumpur is just perfect. If you want to relax, i recommend you to go to Penang, Langkawi and Kota Kinabalu. Penang and Langkawi have beautiful beaches. And not to forget their variety of food. Try "Laksa Penang" or "Char Kuew Tiaw". It is a trademark food at Penang. In kota kinabalu, you can go for white water rafting at Sungai Padas or climb the Mount Kinabalu. There is a famous island in Sabah named Mabul Island. But it is quite far from Kota Kinabalu. I am not sure how many hours to spend for traveliing from Kota Kinabalu to Mabul Island.

I hope this little information will help you a lot.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo traveler in Malaysia - Penang, Langkawi or Kota Kinaba

Quezairy opinion is good. You wil have good time and experience, I think

Maidenhead
Level Contributor
85 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo traveler in Malaysia - Penang, Langkawi or Kota Kinaba

I second the suggestion to go to Langkawi and Penang. I used to go there on my own to chill out every other month and always enjoyed myself. The beach bars, beautiful beaches, lovely food and friendly locals made it for me.

4. Re: Solo traveler in Malaysia - Penang, Langkawi or Kota Kinaba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2014, 05:17