We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

not going solo on my next trip.....but i am.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,198 posts
Save Topic
not going solo on my next trip.....but i am.

yes strange i know but i have just booked a week of winter sun in Lanzarote for early February with my buddy Mr G.

I know Mr G. does not like doing the walking I do nor the visiitng of the more cultural aspect of travel,but we do enjoy a few beers together and play in the same bowling team.

We have arranged to do our own things during the day,me walking up volcanoes and doing coastal paths Mr G sitting by the pool all day reading a book.at night we will join together for meals a few beers and evening entertainment including 10 pin bowling of which we are both quite good and an evening of bingo which we also partake of in our local social club(yeah we are both real sweetie wifies). we are sharing an apartment in an all-inclusive resort and ground rules have been set. i will let you know how it all turns out.

so travelling solo with a buddy may be a good idea though is going to lanzarote really travelling?

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: not going solo on my next trip.....but i am.

New concept of solo travelling! ;-p Travelling with a buddy who waits you by the pool...

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,507 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: not going solo on my next trip.....but i am.

It is good that you set some ground rules!!

I'll be looking for a trip report when you get back!!

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
12,955 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: not going solo on my next trip.....but i am.

Uncle Gus.... I've been banging on about the delights of solo travel so much, that I now have friends who want to come along....and of course they want me to do the planning!!!!

I'm going to take a leaf out of your book an apartment.Perhaps there's a need for a semi-detatched forum??

Hope you (and your friend) have a great trip.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,198 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: not going solo on my next trip.....but i am.

actually we did no planning other than decide roughly when we wanted to travel.went into a high street travel agent ,gave them a budget and asked what they could do for a week in the sun flying from Edinburgh ,apartment or 2 rooms,all inclusive (Mr G wanted that). they came up with a few ideas we discussed them and went for what we considered a good deal.First time i have used a high street agent and first time going all inclusive.

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: not going solo on my next trip.....but i am.

>>> First time i have used a high street agent and first time going all inclusive.

Where this world is coming to?! ;-p First you give up solo travels and soon downgrade to agents and all inclusives!

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
12,955 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: not going solo on my next trip.....but i am.

Uncle Gus.... gasp... Like Cora I 'm shocked :))

You've said those words solo travellers blush at... travel agents, AI and taking a friend! Have we lost you completely??

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: not going solo on my next trip.....but i am.

I still hope Uncle Gus is just trolling us ;)

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
28,338 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: not going solo on my next trip.....but i am.

If it's the first time AI you may find you are going out later in the morning. My first experience was a revelation. I rarely drink much on holiday because of the diving but free booze on hand in large quantities was irrisistable.

As said, there must be something in the air. I've had three people lately say 'if you go can I come with you'. I've said yes of course.........but I'm expecting them to have moved onto something else by the time I go ;-)

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,507 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: not going solo on my next trip.....but i am.

Be careful subovington!!

You may end up as a group guide!!

10. Re: not going solo on my next trip.....but i am.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2014, 06:17