We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

USA in 3 weeks

Mumbai (Bombay...
11 posts
Save Topic
USA in 3 weeks

Hi There,

I am planning a trip to the states in May 2013. The cities I am keen on visiting are LA, Vegas, NYC and Orlando. I will be staying with some people based in LA who will be taking me to Vegas as well. Post which I covered the remain leg of the trip on my own. My interest lies in big city museums, art galleries, Broadway shows and entertainment, studio tours, the architecture etc. The Harry Potter theme park is a must do.

1. Are 3 weeks long enough to do these with enough time to do and see most things?

2. What sort of budget would you allow for the 3 weeks to do the above places?

3. Are there other must see places I should add to the itinerary?

Any advice and help is greatly appreciated

Thank you.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: USA in 3 weeks

2014?

Mumbai (Bombay...
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: USA in 3 weeks

Yes May 2014*

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,900 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: USA in 3 weeks

Hi,

There is one section of the Universal Islands of Adventure theme park that is about Harry Potter.

I was there a few years ago. The rest of the park is fun too but if you are only interested in the Harry Potter section it won't take long. We got 3 day park hopper tickets to go to both sections (Universal +Islands of Adventure) and stayed at one of the hotels in the park to get early admission. That can get expensive so you'll have to price out your options there.

This web site is a good resource to see discounts that may be available:

mousesavers.com/discounts-and-deals-at-other…

NYC can easily take 1 whole week depending on the things you choose to see/do.

I'd make a list of the activities/sights I want to see and then figure how many days it will take to do them. Hotels in NYC will be more expensive than anywhere else!

Go to the NYC forum to ask about them and give them a budget in dollars for what you'd like to spend. I doubt if there is anything there under $200 per night but I could be wrong.

Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
946 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: USA in 3 weeks

I think that if you spend 5 days in each city you will have enough of time to see most of the things.

So you have enough time to add one more city. My suggestion is San Francisco, as if not far from LA (1 hour flight), or Miami Beach in Florida.

It is true that one week in New York is better.

As for your budget, it really depends of your choice of hotel, it could be inexpensive in Vegas, but it's always expensive in New York.

5. Re: USA in 3 weeks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2014, 05:16