We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

23 Year Old Male Seeking Solo Vacation

Morristown, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
23 Year Old Male Seeking Solo Vacation

I am looking for a very single-guy friendly vacation as I will be traveling alone. Prefer to head to the Caribbean or Mexico for something all-inclusive, though that is not necessary. I'd like to spend somewhere between 1-1.5k if possible. I really want to meet people on vacation, avoid dining alone, spend time doing fun things, and possibly meet some ladies. I am very open minded and would love to hear any and all advice.

Many resorts claim to be singles friendly, though reviews tell a different story. It seems like the vacationing world is against the single solo traveler. Please help!!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,623 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 23 Year Old Male Seeking Solo Vacation

David F: Welcome to TripAdvisor. While you focus on the fact that you are looking for a single friendly place to meet people and that you want to have "fun", you share no more about your own interests or whether this is just a relaxing beach vacation or if you might want some excursions, culture, history, "active" vacation, etc? It's hard to make recommendations without knowing more about you. Also, does the $1500 include airfare or no?

I'm glad you are reading reviews here at TA, and trying to sort by solo reviewers. I agree that many resorts advertise "solo friendly", but they really are not. There are many posts on the first several pages of this forum on people's opinions - a lot of people have asked about the Caribbean and Mexico. Good luck in your quest and hopefully you can help fill in the blanks with more about your needs, etc.

Morristown, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 23 Year Old Male Seeking Solo Vacation

BK -- Thank you for your response. I will dive deeper into the other posts on the forum.

I am looking to relax on the beach and by the pool, drink, relax some more, nap, party at night, stay out late, sleep late and do it all again the next day. Not really looking for an 'active' vacation, per se, but I would like a resort that offers activities (pool games, cruises, snorkeling, water skiing, etc.). Generally do not have trouble meeting people, but it would help if there were plenty of other single people to meet.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 23 Year Old Male Seeking Solo Vacation

Club Med in general has a reputation for being more honest about which of their resorts are best for singles, which for couples, and which for families, but I'm passing along second-hand information.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
185 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 23 Year Old Male Seeking Solo Vacation

My 2 cents

I've done the solo caribean trip several times, my advice is as follows; target resorts that seem to have reasons for solo travelers to visit. Reason to target similar solos is that I find few couples want to hang with solo guests, not a generalization, but simply an observation. So your going to find comrades on a resort are mainly other solo guests.

1. Higher star resorts are significantly nicer than lower ones (duh) but as they are more expensive the crowd tends to be a bit older and less solos and more couples (mid thirty rather than mid-twenty). That said higher cost resorts tend to have better mannered solo guests vs. binge drinkers. Depending on what you are looking for.

2. Go during the low/sholder seasons (like January) when kids are in school, less kids (I love kids but they can be crazy loud sometimes when on vacations with uncaring parents - IMHO) this also tends to have more adults and solos as that travel during that time.

3. Lot of places have single supplements, but many places wave them during the yer, more solo travelers during that week.

4. Check out solo trip companies to see which resorts and when thy are going, once you know this it may be cheaper to book yourself via a localtravel agent then go through the company; you may not have the same iteriarny but being at the same resort, again more people to mingle with.

5. Re: 23 Year Old Male Seeking Solo Vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2014, 05:18