We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time travelling alone - what's/where's best

Manchester, United...
1 post
Save Topic
first time travelling alone - what's/where's best

Hi :-) I'm looking 2 go travelling this summer 2014. I am doing it alone & never done a big trip be4. I'm hoping for tips on where's best on a budget. Has anyone ever been on an organised trip be4?

Looking forward 2 some tips! Thanks x

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
25,788 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time travelling alone - what's/where's best

Kirsty welcome. Your question has been asked often. Have a look through the threads for some info on travel companies tho the forum is really for travelling alone.

It is a very big world so you really need to give us some idea or when you are going, what your interests are, how long for and what you mean by budget.

Is there anywhere that you have always wanted to see or do?

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
250 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time travelling alone - what's/where's best

It's really ok to travel alone. I did it many times. But yeah, you should say where aproximately you want to go!:) Somewhere in Europe? That I suggest to pick a destination by Ryanair flights. There are about twenty Ryanair's flights from Manchester. It's really budget.

3. Re: first time travelling alone - what's/where's best

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2015, 06:30