We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo Girl travelling from Srinagar to KanyaKumari (India).

Aberdeen, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Solo Girl travelling from Srinagar to KanyaKumari (India).

I am a 25 year old Indian-British Engineer working in the oil and gas industry. I have never travelled alone before (other than for work) except a train journey in India. I wish to explore the whole Idea of solo travelling for woman and blog on it. These are just ideas and still need to be worked on, I have heard stories travel isn't safe and etc etc....

I needed some advice as to what should be the crucial factors I keep in mind while planning and also meet like minded female travelers who might want to travel with me.

Regards

A :)

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,002 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo Girl travelling from Srinagar to KanyaKumari (India).

Aku22: I'm glad that you decided to give it a try. Just my perspective - there is no "easy" answer or solution. You will find a wealth of information already posted on this board, for someone like you. To better orient you, there is a spot for "Top Questions" which come up often on this board - on the right side of the page (as long as you are not on a smart phone, these should show up) - where we've posted links to previous common questions and concerns - and even Solo Trip Reports. You can click on those and read, and read, and read. I always tell people to scroll through a few of the first pages of the forum to get a feel for what others have asked. You can also search on "key words" - for example safety. If you type the word "safe" or "safety" into the search box just above your post, and click search - you will get back previous threads that mention it. Without knowing more about you or your interests, my one piece of advice is start to think about what you want to do and what you like to do - this will likely help you narrow down "the world" to places which you will like.

Aberdeen, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo Girl travelling from Srinagar to KanyaKumari (India).

Hey,

I have been doing the same for past few days. Now I needed some input from people.

A :)

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
26,833 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo Girl travelling from Srinagar to KanyaKumari (India).

But Aku we don't know what you like to do or have always wanted to see so how can we have input. It is different for each person.

Some people are tough and fearless, don't mind roughing it others want the comfort of companions and organisation. I don't think you can have a generalisation of how to travel solo.

We can address each person according to their needs but these are as varied as there are people in the world.

Also if you want to meet likeminded traveller and travel together you are not travelling solo. For that look at the Travel Buddy thread.

4. Re: Solo Girl travelling from Srinagar to KanyaKumari (India).

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 January 2014, 17:35
Pune, India
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Solo Girl travelling from Srinagar to KanyaKumari (India).

I m also traveling alone to kanyakumari on 06 June.Please beaware from womens also...And dont tell anybody you r travelling alone....in your Journey...

Essex
Level Contributor
27,616 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Solo Girl travelling from Srinagar to KanyaKumari (India).

Good advice akhil.

7. Re: Solo Girl travelling from Srinagar to KanyaKumari (India).

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2015, 05:15