We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel companion needed for a week's yoga retreat- Rishikesh

Mumbai
Level Contributor
66 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Travel companion needed for a week's yoga retreat- Rishikesh

Hi,

I'm from Mumbai and I would love to travel to a yoga retreat.. but none of my friends or family are interested. Is anyone here open to the idea of going? If you're not from India, I'd be glad to help you out with what ever. Thinking of going some time in May for 7-8 days.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,196 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel companion needed for a week's yoga retreat- Rishikesh

You don't really need a friend in order to go to a yoga retreat and this is not the place to find one! Planning trips with random strangers is not the purpose of this forum nor is it a really safe thing to do!

Mumbai
Level Contributor
66 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel companion needed for a week's yoga retreat- Rishikesh

I thought that was the purpose of this forum!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,553 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel companion needed for a week's yoga retreat- Rishikesh

Solo travel means travelling alone.

See this thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12357-k6825350…

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
25,771 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel companion needed for a week's yoga retreat- Rishikesh

No Tarin, you didn't read the sticky to Top Question - how to use the forum.

Solo Travel means travelling solo - alone - enjoying your own company and not hook up with a stranger.

If you read the thread Shuffaluff posted the first page has info of sites that may do this.

Edited: 23 January 2014, 10:24
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,196 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel companion needed for a week's yoga retreat- Rishikesh

My point also was that yoga retreats are organized activities where you don't need to know anyone in order to join in so not sure why you'd need a travel companion at all?

6. Re: Travel companion needed for a week's yoga retreat- Rishikesh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 April 2014, 13:05
7. Re: Travel companion needed for a week's yoga retreat- Rishikesh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2015, 05:15