We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo trip next weekend - where to?

Petah Tiqwa, Israel
Level Contributor
16 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Solo trip next weekend - where to?

Hello,

i'm looking for a place to trip to on the next weekend.

A place with a good food, not below 10 degrees or rainy in this season,

and that will be fun to walk in its streets.

I'm not like the "ancient" places like Rome or Athens.

Any recommendations?

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
12,942 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo trip next weekend - where to?

I don't know if you can get direct flights, but if you can I'd suggest Cyprus.

Where to stay...this will depend on which airport you fly into. The Cyprus travel forum is packed with advice on what to see, do, and curent information on public transport costs. Lovely island, English is widely spoken,very good food and delightful people. The beaches on the east and north coasts are better that on the west.

Petah Tiqwa, Israel
Level Contributor
16 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo trip next weekend - where to?

Thanks, is there something interesting to do in Cyprus?

Interesting streets, etc?

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
12,942 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo trip next weekend - where to?

Erez

I found Cyprus to be a facinating island, that certaintly packs in a lot for a trip. Depending on your tastes, there is history, vineyard tours, beaches, stunning hidden hill villages, and a vibrant nightlife.The wine is pretty good too!

If you think you'd like to make a quick trip, I'd suggest

a) checking what airport you'll arrive in, and then

b) go to the Cyprus travel forum and look at what is available in the towns and cities closest to your arrival airport.

Although Cyprus has good bus links to most places around the island, for a short trip it may be worth staying in either the west, east or north of the island. Personally, I think the best beaches are on the south, east and north coasts.

Also...as the island is still nominally divided between north and south, it isn't quite so easy to get public transport (or car hire) across the north/south divide.

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
Level Contributor
6,093 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo trip next weekend - where to?

Athens-and I bet Rome- is not only about the antiquities.

I am not sure what exactly "fun to walk in its streets" means though. "Interesting" is a personal call.

Please clarify what you seek and you may get more suitable advice.

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Solo trip next weekend - where to?

Don't know how flights would work for you, but Malta is quite warm in the winter, and has some interesting things to see.

6. Re: Solo trip next weekend - where to?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2015, 17:45
7. Re: Solo trip next weekend - where to?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2015, 05:29