We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finding an Overnight Trip to Mekong Delta as Solo Traveler

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
914 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
Finding an Overnight Trip to Mekong Delta as Solo Traveler

I've posted this query on the Vietnam forum, but haven't gotten the specific help I'm seeking, so maybe someone on this forum can help out.

I'd like to book a 2 day/1 night tour of the Mekong Delta but it seems as though the overnight tours are based on at least two people going, and I am only one person. I would like to set up the trip ahead of time, instead of wandering in the backpacker area searching for a tour (as has been suggested).

I don't have the funds to hire a guide for just myself, and would rather not be the only person on the tour (besides the guide).

Any ideas of which tour companies offer solo travelers the overnight option?

Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,391 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finding an Overnight Trip to Mekong Delta as Solo Traveler

I used this company. It was a few years ago but I didn't pay any extra for being by myself. They said I may have had to share a room if there was a single from another group but I didn't have to.

DELTA TOURS deltaadventuretours.com/English/Default.aspx

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,622 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finding an Overnight Trip to Mekong Delta as Solo Traveler

I did 3 days 2 nights and booked when I arrived in HCMC. My hotel had a number of leaflets on display and the staff were great at helping me to find the best trip to suit my requirements.

I paid slightly.extra for single occupancy at the hotels but the total cost for the whole trip was so inexpensive it didn't matter.

Trisha

Edited: 25 February 2014, 23:08
3. Re: Finding an Overnight Trip to Mekong Delta as Solo Traveler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2015, 07:19