We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling solo with my mate...........quick report

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,863 posts
Save Topic
travelling solo with my mate...........quick report

many of you know I was recently on a trip with my mate to Lanzarote just wanted to let you know how we got on.

the idea of the holiday is that we would share an apartment in an all inclusive resort but each do our own thing during the day . Things worked out very well but the first night there I met up with another solo traveller from Glasgow and he joined me for a few walks and a day trip to la Grasiosa.the 3 of us did a trip to Teguisie market and my mate and I took a day trip to Fuertaventura.we also met with a couple in the same age group as us and all 5 of us enjoyed drinks and evening entertainment together,had a real good laugh and drank numerous cocktails from the all inclusive bar.

time actually spent on my own was the Friday afternoon ,most of the day Saturday and the Wednesday morning , so my solo trip with my mate was not as solo as I had intended but had a great time and made a great friend with whom I am keeping in touch.

Essex
Level Contributor
30,353 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling solo with my mate...........quick report

Sounds good uncleg

Glad you all had a great time.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
31,997 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling solo with my mate...........quick report

Thanks for letting us know UG. Was curious.

Doesn't matter that you didn't get much time solo, having a good holiday and doing what makes you happy is the main event.

Glad it worked out even better than thought.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,863 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling solo with my mate...........quick report

yeah it really was a good time and meeting new folk was really good.

still I have another trip in Late may/early june to look forward to and this time another mate is coming along with me.

4. Re: travelling solo with my mate...........quick report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2015, 06:16