We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late March Florida or Caribbean? (single mid-40s male)

London, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Late March Florida or Caribbean? (single mid-40s male)

Hi Everyone,

I have read this thread tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g1-i12357-k5086814-… and since it is closed, needed to start a new one on a similar topic.

Single male, mid-40s, looking for a nice place to unwind for 5-7 days during the last week in March. Have been to the BodyHoliday in St Lucia several times and had a great time, but am looking for something different.

After the winter we have been experiencing up here, I need some heat and sun so it will be Florida or the Caribbean (or Southern California I suppose). Not interested in Central America, Mexico, Europe or Asia.

Not looking for a wild party scene, scuba or lying on the beach. Looking for nice weather, nice accommodations and good restaurants where a single male can hang out without being surrounded by couples and families and feeling out of place.

Wondering if anyone had any thoughts on Siesta Key or Key West. Suitable for a single male in my age group?

Open to any ideas in Florida or the Caribbean. Flying out of Toronto or Detroit.

Thank you very much.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late March Florida or Caribbean? (single mid-40s male)

I would avoid the entire State of Florida during late March. It's the peak of spring break season.

You don't want Southern California that time of year, either. It will not be hot. The weather will be "pleasant," but not beachy. Westerners head to Arizona that time of year for the hottest heat.

I would look for Caribbean resorts that do not get spring breakers (which the Cancun metropolitan area does). Despite your aversion to Central and South Americas, I wouldn't write off the island resorts off the coasts of Panama or Colombia.

London, England
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
9,828 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late March Florida or Caribbean? (single mid-40s male)

You might consider Belize, particularly Ambergris Caye. Belize is in Central America, but it was a British colony, the language is English and the atmosphere is very Caribbean. It also has Mayan temples and rain forests if you tire of the beach.

There are some excellent restaurants in San Pedro and there seems to be a wide variety of places to hang out for a wide variety of people.

I have been in Belize in April and the weather was terrific.

Assuming you have a Canadian passport, It might also be worth asking this question on the Cuban Forum as that is not a destination open to American spring breakers.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late March Florida or Caribbean? (single mid-40s male)

Thank you very much retrofuturistic and Leagle.

Great point about spring break - that environment would be the exact opposite of what I seek.

I will look into Belize and Cuba as well.

Thanks again.

4. Re: Late March Florida or Caribbean? (single mid-40s male)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 05:28