We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Croatia, Bosnia and Serbia

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Croatia, Bosnia and Serbia

I plan to spend two weeks travelling through the western Balkans starting at Split, then travelling onto Mostar, then onto Sarajevo and finally Belgrade. Will two weeks be enough for this? I plan to travel from mid to late May, would it be advisable to book hostels early or just try when I arrive at my destinations?

C

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
28,689 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Croatia, Bosnia and Serbia

Hi c689908, you will get some responses here possibily but because this is really more of a question about the countries than travelling solo you would get more responses from the destination forums where you get locals and up to date info.

Sounds a great journey .

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Croatia, Bosnia and Serbia

Thank you.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Croatia, Bosnia and Serbia

That trip will fit into the two weeks time allocated. In fact, given that Mostar is a one-day town (but really really worth the investment of a day), and Belgrade isn't really an "anchor" type destination (unless you have friends or family there), I think you can safely add a few destinations.

My strong recommendation would be to add Dubrovnik and the Bay of Kotor, Montenegro. Alternatively, a Croatian island (e.g., Korcula) or a smaller Croatian coastal town (Trogir, Sibenik, Zadar) would work if you want to avoid the tourist hordes descending on Dubrovnik. There are even some smaller towns in Bosnia that would be worth adding (Visegrad?).

I do agree that the Croatia and Bosnia forums would be an excellent source of additional information.

Save Reply
4. Re: Croatia, Bosnia and Serbia

Travelling to dubrovnik and thinking of staying there for 3 days then renting a car and travelling across into Montenegro and into Bosnia before returning to Zadar to fly home. Will it be ok driving back from Bosnia into Zadar?

5. Re: Croatia, Bosnia and Serbia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2015, 06:16