We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Backpacking Spain for 2 weeks - need advice

Sydney, Australia
10 posts
Save Topic
Backpacking Spain for 2 weeks - need advice

I will be spending 2 weeks in Spain in my uni breaks this coming July. Im going to be in France prior to this with my family but then I will be travelling solo to spain. I know for definite that I will get a train from Paris to Barcelona. Here I'll be meeting 2 mates then after 6 (rough estimate atm) days we are planning to go to Ibiza for a few nights. After that I really dont have much of an idea.. I've done some searching around but its pretty hard to take it all in as this is my first time I'm planning to do solo travel. Valencia looks interesting and can be easily reached from Ibiza. It would be great to hear your suggestions on some other places. Also whats a suitable travel route? So to give you some context about myself I'm a male uni student just out of high school, I'm interested in photography, a bit of architecture, I want to do some outdoor activities and meet new people. Finally, since I'll be staying in hostels does anyone suggest any good ones for my age.

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
12,955 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Backpacking Spain for 2 weeks - need advice

For architecure, excellent good food (and wine!), a route through Granada, Seville, Toledo and Cordoba would be definately fit the bill. There is also good hiking in the mountains behind Granada, which is also a university town ( so a good range of budget accommodation and a bit of a buzz at nights).

Madrid is a facinating city, very good local transport, and three of the best art museums in Europe ( you can get a combined ticket), and again, the food is outstanding. It's also a hub for the trainn network, which is fast clean and extensive.. and cheap!

Barcelona, on the east coast, is another outstanding city, with the advantage of a marina and an excellent beach. This is one of the most lively cities in all of Europe, and again, has a very good local train network to reach the coastal towns along the Costa Brava. A trip to Salvador Dali's home near Girona is definately worth a visit. Plenty of accommodationto suit all budgets, and it may be worth considering renting a small place for a few days.

To help with train routes, fares, timetables etc, suggest www.seat61.com

Edited: 09 April 2014, 08:17
Essex
Level Contributor
28,239 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Backpacking Spain for 2 weeks - need advice

Mcp has about covered it!

An excellent set of suggestions.

Posting on the TA forums for Spain might help you further though, here is a link for you:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g187427-i42-Spai…

3. Re: Backpacking Spain for 2 weeks - need advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2015, 06:17