We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo trip to Fiji... Best way to go about it??

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Solo trip to Fiji... Best way to go about it??

Looking to go to Fiji within the next month for a couple of weeks.. Looking into a few options but need some advice as i am on a tight budget...

To go a on a pre booked tour for weeks? All inclusive (pretty much) OR

To go with the flow and book everything as i go, accommodation and my boats to all the islands etc..

For all those who have done it I would love to know how you did it, whether it was cheap, worth the money, enjoyable etc....

HELP!!!!

I'm early 20's and looking to relax for 2 weeks but with ab it of fun and activity too

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel
Level Contributor
17,634 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo trip to Fiji... Best way to go about it??

Hello,

The contributors on the Fiji Forum may have some advice and information. I see they have lots of articles and links in that forums Top Questions section too (all down the right side of the Fiji Forum) -

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowForum-g294331-i883-Fi…

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
24,918 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo trip to Fiji... Best way to go about it??

I agree with Avanti. Also you can do a search of the Fiji Forum using the little serch box directly above the threads. Put in Solo Trip Report and see what comes up. this is a good way to get ideas that others have already tried.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo trip to Fiji... Best way to go about it??

I maybe able to help - to experience the clear blue water and white sand you need to get off the mainland and over to an island. If you choose to stay on the mainland, it adds up the $$ to keep taking day trips to an island.

Have a look at the Awesome Adventures package on the Yasawa Flyer and look at the ticket that lets you hop on and off at different Islands i.e., Mantaray, Botaira, Barefoot etc. Another option would be Octopus Resort on Waya Island, gets a lot of solo travellers and has different levels of accomodation.

If you choose to stay on the mainland, the area of Martintar (about 10 mins from Nadi airport) would be your best bet. Lots of young ones stay in the hotels there.

Hope this helps with your planning.

London, England
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
9,569 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo trip to Fiji... Best way to go about it??

I found the harassment in Nandi really uncomfortable when I went off from my husband for a short walk in town so when I returned to Fiji solo a year or so later, I flew directly form the International airport to one of the islands without stopping in the town at all. The islands have different characters and different price points, so if you search for resorts at your price you should turn up the places and the islands that are likely to have people your age.

I found there were lots of options for visiting different islands by boat.

I would book places to stay in advance because it gives you more financial control. Playing it by ear on the islands, IMHO, is likely to result in paying much more than you had in mind. It isn't like Thailand where there are a huge number of options and other towns near by.

5. Re: Solo trip to Fiji... Best way to go about it??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 05:16