We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

25 year old australian single

Melbourne, Australia
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
25 year old australian single

Hi, I am a 25 year old female single from Melbourne Australia. I am seeking a short holiday in the sun which is geared towards other singles of a similar age. Must be a relatively safe environment as I am travelling solo.

Any recommendations please ? :)

London, England
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
10,339 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 25 year old australian single

Any particular continent ? Interests? (diving, snorkelling, paragliding or just partying?) Price range?

Melbourne, Australia
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 25 year old australian single

Hi, I love the beach :))

Something nice but not too expensive. Thinking of maybe going for 7 - 10 days.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
22,981 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 25 year old australian single

It's really up to you to decide where you would prefer to go. So many places come to mind - Fiji, Vanuatu, Samoa, Noumea, Cook Islands, Queensland Coast, Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast Queensland, Whitsunday Islands off the North Queensland Coast, Cairns and Tropical North Queensland, Thailand, Greek Islands, Hawaii. The list is endless.

Melbourne, Australia
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 25 year old australian single

Hi, indeed endless as you say :)

As I have never been on any holiday solo and being single I have in mind somewhere where there would be the majority of singles so as I dont have to wander around aimlessly.

Probably a place where I coukld park myself for a week or so, beachy and fun.

thanks for your imput :)

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
30,388 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 25 year old australian single

For such a short time you won't be able to go far. If you really must have other singles with you your best bet is to look at group singles holidays. Really that is the only way you will find a group to be with - or a party beach. You are unlikely to find a beach that mostly has single 25yrs olds on it.

I stayed in Maroochydore for 6 weeks on my own and used Maloolaba beach for swimming. It was quite safe. Regular buses. Good trips out booked through the Tourist Info Office. But it was a mixture of all sorts and ages.

Same with Manley (Sydney) plesant and very safe, a bit to near the city for me. The same with Palm Beach (Summer Bay) which is a bit quieter.

I had my things and money with me but was careful to keep an eye and that the money was well hidden so someone would have to rummage for it giving me a chance to spot them. However I never had a problem and people were friendly.

I am guessing but I bet NZ has some great spots

Melbourne, Australia
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 25 year old australian single

Hello, thanks for you reply. I dont want to go too far so your suiggestions are welcomed. Have you tried any of the club med holiday packages that cater for my age group or thereabouts ?

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 25 year old australian single

have you gone on your trip yet? I'm in a very similar boast and am curious as to where you ended up? i myself was thinking of 3 weeks in Fiji, however, my friends and family have me thinking i will feel alone and bored amongst families and couples with very few other solo travellers? but i would still like to go...

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 25 year old australian single

Figi is very family orientated...I would go to bali..you will meet lots of ppl your age.

have fun♡

Melbourne, Australia
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: 25 year old australian single

Hi, no, I didn't end up going but just recently went to the Gold Coast with a friend and stayed at Q1 which I really enjoyed and recommend.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
83 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 25 year old australian single

Hi...

I think you should visit the following places which is nearest to Melbourne: Parkville, Middle Park & you can also plan a Great Ocean Road Small Group Eco Tour from Melbourne as you are a solo traveler.

You can do 1 more thing, hire a Campervan rental for you & explore the beauty of different cities by self driving. I assure you, you will definitely enjoy this!

Thanks,

aussiecampervans.com/melbourne-campervan-ren…

Edited: 07 August 2014, 08:30