We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

solo woman Europe beach holiday

london
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
solo woman Europe beach holiday

Hi, can anyone suggest a good place / hotel for an older solo woman traveller looking for peace and sand, but also very close to coffee shops and a small town or village? I don't want to feel isolated. I am hoping for a week in September. .

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,402 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: solo woman Europe beach holiday

Budget? How far are you willing to travel? Air or Train? You have shared very little about your own interests in order for a reader to help you.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: solo woman Europe beach holiday

Sweet sorrento, italy, in one of those hotels on the cliff right in the middle of town,, you can take some trips to other towns for beach and day tours to the amalfi coast towns...I think you would like the town vibe and the cafes and restaurants and the shops!!! Plenty of people around to chat to, and if you go there, do get the ferry from naples...this is the best way to arrive.

you sound as if you really need a holiday.

go on google airfares from your town to naples right now! ♡

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,894 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: solo woman Europe beach holiday

Funny but I was also going to tell you to go to Naples but then instead of Sorrento take the ferry in Naples to the small island of Ischia where there are beach spa hotels and easy walks etc.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g580214-i10609-Isc…

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
28,671 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: solo woman Europe beach holiday

I was going to say Menorca. Thompsons Small & Friendly brochure. I found one that is on the beach but it is fairly basic, on the beach and only one other restaurant & a store though it is a 15min walk to the nearest small town. Was recommended by a friend. It is quiet because it hasn't got the bells and whistles that come with larger places.

Still a good country for finding somewhere quieter.

Essex
Level Contributor
28,412 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: solo woman Europe beach holiday

Frinton-on-Sea?

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
13,054 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: solo woman Europe beach holiday

Broadstairs?

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,583 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: solo woman Europe beach holiday

Mevagissey is nice

8. Re: solo woman Europe beach holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2015, 05:17