We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good idea to solo travel Bali in December?

Auckland, New...
5 posts
Save Topic
Good idea to solo travel Bali in December?

Hi all, I plan on spending 5 days in Bali by myself in mid dec. I know it is awhile until dec but I am abit of an organised freak and like to give myself plenty of time for planning. Plus I have never travelled by myself before, so hope you can understand my predicament :).

Is it a ideal place in term of meeting other fellow travellers? any recommended activities/places?

I also plan on staying at a BedBunker Hostel #2 in Kuta. Good idea? Any suggestions?

Cheers. Appreciate your help

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
12,723 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good idea to solo travel Bali in December?

Hello long274 and welcome to the solo forum

You asked if a solo trip to Bali was a good idea. Well, personally I think it's a cracking idea!

Kuta is the livliest town in Bali, with surf schools and lots of entertainment. If you are new to solo travelling, then a 5 day trip to this stunning island would be a wonderful introduction to planning and taking further trips.

Hostel.... good idea for a short trip, but if you read the accommodation review (and chec the photo's) in the Bali forum, you'll get a better idea of what the place is actually like.

Tips and suggestions.... even though this is a short trip, I'd still suggest gettinga good guide book ( Lonely Planeyt/Rough Guide) and haunting the Bali forum here on Trip Advisor. I found the forum extremely useful and very friendly, when I was planning my own trip.

Have a great trip!

Auckland, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Good idea to solo travel Bali in December?

Thanks for your reply Kent.

5 days in Bali is part of my 4 weeks adventure around South East Asia (Bali>KL>Phuket>Bangkok>Siem RIep>Phnom Penh).

And yes I have found a lot of useful information on this forum. I have even bookmarked a number of links as well.

Again, your advices are greatly appreciated. Cheers

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
12,723 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good idea to solo travel Bali in December?

Long274.... happy to have helped, and apologies for all the typo's!

If you get the chance, perhaps you could send this forum some trip reports. I know they'd be welcomed. And.. hint!! Siem Riep is on my (long) wish list.

4. Re: Good idea to solo travel Bali in December?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 02:16
Get answers to your questions