We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single ski trips in US

Hickory, North...
10 posts
Save Topic
Single ski trips in US

Hi! I'm a single mother with two kids away at college and no one left at home to snowboard with me! I miss my trips to Monarch Mountain, Co. It will be three seasons this feb since I've taken a big ski trip but I have no one to go with! I've been researching a company called who's website is singleski.com and wondered if anyone has ever used them? I am looking at the Jackson Hole trip with snowmobiling in Yellowstone for the middle of week day off. It's pretty expensive and I don't typically like bigger, very commercialized resorts, ( Crested Butte). I live 45 mins from Ap Ski Mtn in blowing rock nc and 1hr 15 mins from Sugar Mountain which is my favorite! But nothing compares to Monarch which is truly a hidden gem. Any advice or does anyone know of any other companies that have a single skiers program? I have never met anyone at Monarch as it's quiet and people are just kinda to themselves. Any advice would be great! I'm also 40 but a young 40 and very active but not really into the party scene. Thanks in advance!

Illinois
Level Contributor
17,071 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Single ski trips in US

Smugglers Notch in Vermont has a program where you sign up for a group of about 4-5 people who ski together with a staff person as a guide. I've never done it as I've always been with my daughter, and the whole resort is really sort of a family place, but when I saw it advertised I thought it would be good for solo travelers.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Pecs, Budapest
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Single ski trips in US

Please. This forum was intended for people travelling alone, not for tours or finding travel buddies.

Hickory, North...
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Single ski trips in US

Thank you, BTGM, for the info! I will look it up!

Edited: 02 August 2014, 14:13
Essex
Level Contributor
28,192 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Single ski trips in US

You could maybe see if "snowheads" have a group going out there that you could join in with (although mainly set up for UK skiiers, can't see why you would not be welcome to join in, it is a site for "snow-sport enthusiasts" ultimately)

http://snowheads.com

Hickory, North...
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Single ski trips in US

Thanks!

Philadelphia...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Single ski trips in US

I've been traveling with www.singleski.com for years and the trips are great. I've been to most of the offered locations and have met some really nice people that I stay in touch with. The group varies from young to older from beginner to expert so it's a good mix and you'll easily find someone to ski with. Surprisingly about half of the group is usually repeat customers, sign up and give it a try. You won't regret it. Post again if you want more info.

Hickory, North...
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Single ski trips in US

That's awesome and I'm actually doing the Jackson Hole trip next mth! I'm a little nervous but I'm excited too:) thanks for the reply!

Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Single ski trips in US

I've been on several trips with www.singleski.com. Over the years my friends have either stopped skiing or only ski locally. I found singleski.com and it's been a fabulous way to continue skiing as a solo female traveler at great resorts. There are a variety of levels of skiers, so there is always someone to ski with, share a meal with and enjoy a end of the day drink.

9. Re: Single ski trips in US

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2016, 06:16