We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safe caribbean beach location for solo female?

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
safe caribbean beach location for solo female?

Hey everyone,

Im a 45 y/o female traveling solo and looking for a safe Caribbean beach location to just veg out in.

Im not interested in sports, activities or night life. And I dont want to feel funny bc Im alone. (Its a scary new world for me as Im separating after 28 yrs of marriage and went from wife and mom to just me :( ...Anyway, I digress....I just want to be on a beautiful beach within walking distance of some shopping but I want to be safe. (All inclusive would be awesome! and budget friendly, even better!!) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! (If Im asking for too much I understand!) Thanks!

East Haddam...
Level Contributor
586 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: safe caribbean beach location for solo female?

Palm Beach in Aruba has a really nice beach, a lot of restaurants across the street. The jewelry stores have a high turnover so some good deals as well. A little more budget friendly might be Eagle Beach (next beach down) while still on Aruba.

Condado in Puerto Rico might fit the bill too. I'm not an AI guy so I cant help you out there.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
27,918 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: safe caribbean beach location for solo female?

Have a look at the Top Questions on the right of the page where there is one long thread answering your question. Lots of experience there.

If you are on a phone and can't see them here is the link

tripadvisor.com/…20369092

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
83 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: safe caribbean beach location for solo female?

According to me Barbados would be a perfect place for you. It has lovely scenery and it is relatively safe for you, there are also lots of places to go for shopping. So here you will get lots of things to do, so go & enjoy :)

Happy Journey!

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: safe caribbean beach location for solo female?

WOW! I forgot I asked! Thanks so much for your responses! Much appreciated!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,582 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: safe caribbean beach location for solo female?

St. John would be a good option as well. It's beautiful, but has a small town feel.

6. Re: safe caribbean beach location for solo female?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2015, 06:16