We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eurotrip alone in October

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Eurotrip alone in October

Hello, I'm traveling alone through Europe in October and the first days of November.

Some of the places I'm planning to visit are Krakow, Prague, Vienna, Munich, Dresden, Frankfurt, Berlin, Cologne and Amsterdam...

I'm looking for a travel companion. Anyone will be around?

London, England
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
9,873 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eurotrip alone in October

This is a solo travel forum for people who actually like the adventure of travelling on their own rather than the (IMHO) still greater adventure and risk of travelling with someone they have never met before.

Your sort of question/solicitation does, however, come up periodically and some very kind members of the forum have provided a thread answering the questions of how to reduce the risk:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i12357-k73463…

I can't speak to how satisfactory the answers are as I have never been willing to risk my holiday in that way. I am happy to meet people on holiday and spend an evening or day with them, but the idea of agreeing to share my trip with someone who could be anything from simply a bore to someone who thinks a good way of transporting cannabis across an international border is by tucking it in my bag doesn't really appeal to me, but YMMV.

2. Re: Eurotrip alone in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2015, 06:16