We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accuracy of map locations in MisterB&B

Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Accuracy of map locations in MisterB&B

I never had a problem with mister B&B, having been used it for nearly three years both in Europe and USA. But I made two bookings yesterday, one in Munich and one in Frankfurt. My choices were based on the locations indicated on each city map with the little flags. After both bookings were confirmed, and I was given the precise addresses, both addresses were actually a few km away from where I had thought. In both cases, I aimed to be relatively near the city centre, but ended up 2km away in the case of Frankfurt and 4 km away in the case of Munich. It's too much of a coincidence to suggest that two different hosts had fooled me in the same way simultaneously. Is it a software glitch in the MisterB&B map? Has anyone else had this experience?

2 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
29,482 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accuracy of map locations in MisterB&B

I can’t speak to the Mr B &B maps, but l Google map everything myself, even up and down the street/surrounding streets to get an indication of whats in any particular area when lm doing my own travel planning. If they wont give you exact addresses before booking with them, l wouldnt use them

Edited: 04 June 2018, 20:23
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accuracy of map locations in MisterB&B

Point taken. But with MrBnB, one is not given the precise address until one has already placed the booking. Then there's a penalty for cancelling if one cancels after a booking has been made. In my case, I emailed a complaint to MrBnB, who sympathised and kindly offered to cancel my two bookings free of charge; and, I understand, also forced the two hosts to represent their locations correctly.

Edited: 10 June 2018, 21:21
Reply to: Accuracy of map locations in MisterB&B
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted