We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

European Gay Ski Week

London, United...
1 post
European Gay Ski Week
Save

There have been some great reviews of the European Gay Ski Week from a couple of years ago. Has anyone been more recently and if so could you give your opinion on what it was like.

1. Re: European Gay Ski Week

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the Tripadvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 17 September 2020, 17:01
Lyon, France
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: European Gay Ski Week
Save

I love European Gay Ski Week! I first went on my own aged just 21 and this year I'll be going on my 6th EGSW on the run, and hopefully there are many more to come.

People from all over the world go, every year I meet up again with friends from all over the world and I've also made friends that I see when I've got free time.

There really is something for everyone. The guided ski groups are great and everyone is friendly. The apres-ski has an amazing uplifting environment - regardless of whether you drink. The food, thanks to the locations in the French Alps, is always amazing and there are also many discounts for EGSW participants. If you fancy a quiet (ish) evening, there is great cabaret entertainment and live music. For those who like to party hard, each night has at least one big party followed by an after hours. A lot of Europe's best House and Techno DJs come, but there are also a couple of parties dedicated solely to pop music for all the pop queens out there.

Highly recommended and not to be missed!

Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
2 helpful votes
3. Re: European Gay Ski Week
Save

Absolute disaster. Lets start with the bus that was over an hour late from Geneve airport to the hotel (yes the first 12pm bus). Then they loaded all the excess baggage in the walk way so if there was an accident, then no hope to get out (I raised this with them before we left) add to this, the toilet on the bus (for over 3 hours of travel) was locked and not usable. Then lets talk about the shows, and the use of fireworks at the front stage that burnt my neck and hit my husbands eyes. Honestly, they couldn't run a bath properly they are so useless. I've never been so critical, but these guys are absolutely hopeless - we should have known when the website wouldn't work properly that we were in for a disaster week. Dont book it, you are better off with spending your money on ANYTHING ELSE....

Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
2 helpful votes
4. Re: European Gay Ski Week
Save

I find it very interesting that you post this 10 months after the last gay ski week. Sounds a little planned? My posts on the other hand are the night before we leave - which couldn't come soon enough to be honest. Such a disappointment and so over rated, I wished I was anywhere but here.

5. Re: European Gay Ski Week

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2020, 05:41
Get answers to your questions
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.