We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gay Morocco

1 post
Gay Morocco

Going to be in Morocco for two weeks and would like to meet other gay travelers.

3 replies to this topic
Watford, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
12 helpful votes
1. Re: Gay Morocco

Be really really careful. Got scammed and do NOT meet locals.

Guy came to my hotel and was clearly seasoned in how to get money out of tourists. He was very convincing that he too was a tourist but turns out not.

So meet somewhere public and meet with someone there in case you need support.

So I've come to one conclusion on this holiday.... I AM NO LONGER GOING TO VISIT COUNTRIES WHICH ARE NOT LGBTQ FRIENDLY. I WILL USE MY MONEY ELSEWHERE IN PLACES WHERE WE ARE WELCOMED AND CELEBRATED.

Uganda
Level Contributor
21 posts
2. Re: Gay Morocco

Societies in most of the African countries still discriminate Gay people. You should consider booking your trip with foreign owned properties/ companies that are more open minded.

You can even ask them to introduce other gay people to you or recommend places where you can meet.

London, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
6 reviews
2 helpful votes
3. Re: Gay Morocco

Been to Morocco 4 times all over the country. It is a beautiful but very frustrating place. Grindr works well but the locals don't want to be seen hanging around with foreigners and hotels will not let locals in to meet you.

Police does not actively persecute LGBT people, practically never tourists, but there are many local scammers that will seduce you and later demand money.

On the other hand, if you come as a gay couple - nobody will bother you: PDA is not recommended but locals told me they see it regularly in tourist hotspots.

Reply to: Gay Morocco
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.