We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xpu-Ha Palace in Riviera Maya gay friendly?

Orange, California
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Xpu-Ha Palace in Riviera Maya gay friendly?

My husband and I are going on our honeymoon and planning on staying at the Xpu-Ha Palace in the Riviera Maya (South of Cancun) and were wondering if anyone else out there has stayed at that resort (or even another resort in the Riviera Maya) and could share their experience. I'm not too worried because I've heard some good things, but you never know and I'd like some input. Also, do many resorts recognize gay marriages when it comes to honeymoon packages/amenities? Thanks for the help in advance!

TORONTO
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Xpu-Ha Palace in Riviera Maya gay friendly?

Congratulations on the marriage!

I'm a lesbian who stayed at Catalonia Royal Tulum last year (with a lesbian friend - not as a couple) and we met one other lesbian and a couple of gay men. I know of anohter gay couple who are there now.

I can't comment specificially on how gay positive it was, but i never felt uncomfortable there.

It's not as upscale as Xpu-Ha Palace but was quite lovely with the gorgeous beach.

I plan on going back with my partner next month, as it has gone adults only.

Good luck!

Orange, California
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Xpu-Ha Palace in Riviera Maya gay friendly?

Awesome, thanks for the info and the felicitations! Take care

Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
430 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xpu-Ha Palace in Riviera Maya gay friendly?

Palace Hotels is a chain of upscale all inclusive hotels. You have access to their other hotels when staying at one. Playacar Palace is right in Playa del Carmen which is a hip town with "in" hotels and restaurants. Playa del Carmen is gay friendly with gay bars and you will find gays working at the fancier plances. Xpu-Ha Palace is known as the chain's environmental place. In general, Palace is open to anyone who can pay. We (gay male couple) have stayed many times and never had a problem. We do not flaunt it but do not hide it either.

4. Re: Xpu-Ha Palace in Riviera Maya gay friendly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 05:26
Get answers to your questions