We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How lesbian friendly is Cabo San Lucas?

Vale, Oregon
Level Contributor
259 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
How lesbian friendly is Cabo San Lucas?

My wife and I and another couple will be there 3-6-09 for 9 days. Have searched all the glbt travel forums and they just don't get posted on often so here I am. (and in the process I am outing myself to TA aquaintances in the Cabo San Lucas forum should they look at my post history but so be it.)

I know that there are 3 gay bars but one of them may be closed. Las Jarras Bar has a drag show but I can't find out how often or when.

we are not trying to be lesbian exclusive but just wondered if we might find "like minded" folks there and if we should worry about offending the culture.

Thanks for any feedback!

Waupaca, WI
Destination Expert
for Gay Travel
Level Contributor
628 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How lesbian friendly is Cabo San Lucas?

Cabo is not gay unfriendly but also not gay friendly. Like Mexico as a whole, gay couples are treated well and like everyone else at the vacation properties, but you should exercise caution in public places.

Vale, Oregon
Level Contributor
259 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How lesbian friendly is Cabo San Lucas?

That's kinda what I though and since it's a tourist meca, I figure same precautions as in the US. Thank you!!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How lesbian friendly is Cabo San Lucas?

I hope you have a lovely holiday there.

When you get back please write a Trip Report letting us all know how ‘gay / lesbian friendly’ you found the place. Best places to go to eat / drink etc please.

Thank you

Vale, Oregon
Level Contributor
259 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How lesbian friendly is Cabo San Lucas?

Will do!

Waupaca, WI
Destination Expert
for Gay Travel
Level Contributor
628 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How lesbian friendly is Cabo San Lucas?

I stayed at the Westin Regina. What a beautiful property and it's location is halfway between the two Cabo cities. It can be pricey but the peso is off the dollar now by 20-5%.

Vale, Oregon
Level Contributor
259 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How lesbian friendly is Cabo San Lucas?

we're staying at the Sol Mar and I can't tell you how excited we are! We rented the timeshare from Redbook for 7 days and then have hotel for the other 3. The most expensive part of the trip is the airfare. We plan on changing over to pesos when we get there (from an ATM) so that we can benefit the most to the exchange rate. Just 30 more sleeps!!

7. Re: How lesbian friendly is Cabo San Lucas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 06:21
Get answers to your questions