We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stiges, Spain

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Stiges, Spain

Since we will be in Barcelona we plan on a visit to Stiges. Does anyone know about the "scene" there for lesbians? Most of what I find is focused on gay men.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Stiges, Spain

I think the place you mean is Sitges, not Stiges. Yes you're correct it is primarily focused for gay men rather than women but there are a couple of lesbian bars I believe. Definitely one at least.

My (lesbian) friend recently went to Sitges and she said one night one place would be really busy the next day really quiet. So she found it difficult to know where to go to.

I don't wish to be rude but have your tried googling 'sitges' 'lesbian' 'bar' etc just to see what you might find .... sorry I can't be any more help. Please do post back when you've been as I fancy a trip to Barcelona and Sitges sometime soon :-)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Stiges, Spain

This link may help too:

gaysitgesguide.com/lesbian-girls/index.html

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stiges, Spain

Holiday Girl: Thanks. I did google those things and found little, but I live in a community with a strong lesbian presence with no bars, etc and so was really asking about a presence other than bars. And yes, I did of course mean Sitges!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
5,593 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stiges, Spain

My partner and I travelled to Barcelona last year and someone mentioned that we should check out Sitges - but the way it was described brought to mine visions of an Atlantis cruise with white party hopping ab crunchers hanging out in bars.

I know some people seek that out when traveling, but I live a ten minute walk from San Francisco's Castro, so it's nothing so exciting or unique to me. Needless to say, we spent our extra time in Barcelona instead. Loved the walking, architecture and history there!

Cummington, MA
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stiges, Spain

sfimporter: that has been my inclination too. thanks.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
109 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stiges, Spain

Believe me, the "behavior" described and attributed to the Atlantis cruise is nothing short of identical to the behavior at every gay beach town, parts of the Castro, The Village, WeHo, etc., etc.

Sitges is a pleasant enough place and there are a lot of gay activities, mostly for men, but there are a lot of straight folks, too.

IMO, unless you really get off on that kind of thing and there is certainly nothing wrong with doing so, you'll find a lot more to see and do in Barcelona itself. You may not be standing/lying around and modeling but I think you'll find it all just as memorable.

7. Re: Stiges, Spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2010, 05:17