We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali - Gay resorts

Goteed1
Level Contributor
375 posts
145 reviews
Save Topic
Bali - Gay resorts

I'm trying to choose a gay resort in Bali and wondered if anyone has any experiences or preferences for the following:

Villa Layang Bulan

Villa Angelo

Phil's Place.

(Spartacus has no rooms during my time period)

Looking for a comfortable room with a social environment (As opposed to a very small place where I would be kind of isolated). Budget is not an issue, since they are all pretty much the same.

Thanks

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali - Gay resorts

They are In in Seminyak which Is where most gay bars are. Its a small place so l'm not sure it makes too much difference.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali - Gay resorts

check out the all-gay directory for Bali Bali.RainbowTourism.com

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
245 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali - Gay resorts

have you consider Laki Uma Villa (house of male) more info http://unseenbali.org

Portland, Oregon
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali - Gay resorts

I have stayed at Villa Angelo for 3 weeks and loved it. Its clean great hosts and A great Dutch Breakfast. walking distance to the gay bars like 4 minutes.

Maleny, Australia
Level Contributor
999 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bali - Gay resorts

Friend and I recently spent time at 3 gay-only villas in Seminyak, Bali.

Villa Angelo is the most centrally located, and very friendly.

Villa Mango is just two rooms, so we had it to ourselves, and the houseboy Sammy a great kid. Across the street is the Banana Spa, where the boys do a great massage, etc.

Villa Green Chaka Eden is only three rooms, has a great pool and garden, but was quiet when we were there as the manager was away in Germany, and the staff have limited English.It is a bit further out, but has good eating options close by.

Last year I stayed at Phill's Place, also in Seminyak and a short walk from Gay Street.

I did the bookings for all accommodation, airport pick-up and three day trips, through Bali Friendly, http://www.balifriendlyhotels.com/ and had no troubles at all. There prices are cheaper than on the Villa's websites, and have deals with spas and massage places as well. Their out-call massage service guy, Gede, is even better looking than his photo on their website, and does a wonderful massage.

I have more information regarding massage places also.

Kevin

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bali - Gay resorts

I had a few days at Layang Bulan in May - and while it is not central I found it a great place to stay.

I had plans for my first night- and the second and third nights I went out to dinner with other guests and the Friday night we all went to the Bars together.

There was always someone to sit and chat with.

Easy to get a taxi and not expensive

Sydney, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Bali - Gay resorts

There is a New Gay Studio complex in Batu Belig where the Gay Beach has moved to...its a stone throw to beach 60 metres actually...Has nice Decor and Tropical garden with Pond and Waterfalls..its next to the W Hotel

www.zen4menasia.com

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bali - Gay resorts

Thats interesting - great location - walked along that beach in May as I walked from Balisani to Potatoe Head

9. Re: Bali - Gay resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 05:46
Casablanca
Level Contributor
884 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bali - Gay resorts

Bakri N, your Post been reported, No self Promotions, The forums are for advice not for advertising.

Read the guidelines once they remove your post.

For Bali Gay Resorts other experts above has given helpful tips.

Regards

H

Edited: 23 October 2012, 16:58