We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling for Conference - What to do in Evenings

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
159 posts
32 reviews
13 helpful votes
Traveling for Conference - What to do in Evenings

Hi

I will be in Mexico City for a conference from 15th till 19th June. I will be busy in the mornings but will be free after 5ish in the evening.

Appreciate your help to identify some of the touristy/historic places I can visit or taste some local vegetarian food during the available time. I am bit budget conscious so please avoid luxury place in your suggestion :)

Thanks in advance.

5 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel, Houston
Level Contributor
23,790 posts
177 reviews
131 helpful votes
1. Re: Traveling for Conference - What to do in Evenings

S. Ali: Although you are traveling for business, you are better off looking at the local destination information. Each city has its own place to look for Things to Do and Restaurants, and each has their own forum, too. Mexico City is very large, so you want to find places nearby where you are staying.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g150800-Activities-Mexico_City_Central_Mexico_and_Gulf_Coast.html

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g150800-Mexico_City_Central_Mexico_and_Gulf_Coast.html

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g150800-i164-Mexico_City_Central_Mexico_and_Gulf_Coast.html

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
159 posts
32 reviews
13 helpful votes
2. Re: Traveling for Conference - What to do in Evenings

Thanks for info. I will look into the mentioned posts/links.

By the way, I will be staying in Reforma area.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
11,211 posts
101 reviews
142 helpful votes
3. Re: Traveling for Conference - What to do in Evenings

There are a couple of World Heritage Sites in Mexico City IIRC. That's what I do. I am up to 83 of them and usually, only the French ones disappoint (St. Alphonso of the Caves sat and snacked here).

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
20 posts
69 reviews
91 helpful votes
4. Re: Traveling for Conference - What to do in Evenings

Please be safe in the night as Maxico is famous for many dark thing.

You can go for:

Ballet

Lucha Wrestling

Museums

go for a night walk (without much of cash or jewelry)

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel, Houston
Level Contributor
23,790 posts
177 reviews
131 helpful votes
5. Re: Traveling for Conference - What to do in Evenings

DeshDuniya: Please note the timing on the original post (OP). The trip was last month.

Reply to: Traveling for Conference - What to do in Evenings
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.