We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's New? - Laurent-Perrier Top 100

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,766 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
What's New? - Laurent-Perrier Top 100

First up, my apologies as this was released several months back now, however, I haven't seen it posted as far as I'm aware.

In this day and age, selecting fine dining for corporate business clients can be quite competitive, and should the occasion require a suitable selection, this maybe of some interest. Formerly the San Pellegrino Top 100, now the Laurent-Perrier Top 100 Restaurants.

elitetraveler.com/category/finest-dining/top…

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,456 posts
508 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's New? - Laurent-Perrier Top 100

I always take these classifications with lots of caution. As an illustration there are more Michelin 3 stars restaurants (a recognised institution) in Japan (32 out of 106 worldwide) than in France (26) but only 1 in the top 50 of this Laurent Perrier list, and 5 in the top 100... Still it gives dinner's ideas.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,766 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's New? - Laurent-Perrier Top 100

I personally agree, but also the same can be said of Michelin ratings, as it is judged by singular experiences. I do trust a good majority of the Michelin ratings.

The rankings are compiled by aggregating the votes of 26 regional panels, consisting of a chairman or chairwoman and 35 other people. Each member picks seven restaurants, including at least three from outside his or her region, for a total of 936 votes worldwide.

Of the "top restaurant" lists, apparently the (formerly) San Pellegrino, now Laurent-Perrier list is supposed to be technically the most comprehensive of voting systems, with the least likelihood of unfair bias.

Originally started as a feature article in the UK Restaurant magazine in 2002, the awards night is the single largest gathering of the worlds best chefs. The following is enormous.

To put into perspective the impact of these awards, the night that Rene Redzepi's Noma won the Top Restaurant Award in 2010, 100,000 people tried to book online - that night.

Edited: 27 May 2013, 07:17
3. Re: What's New? - Laurent-Perrier Top 100

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2014, 06:16