We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Strausburg to Paris in may by train

Washington DC
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
Strausburg to Paris in may by train

Looking for a train from Strausburg to Paris on May 12 and seems like tickets are limited and prices are high. Not sure if I'm on the only link, but would very much like to confirm trip.

Any assistance very much appreciated.

11 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
87,042 posts
78 reviews
93 helpful votes
1. Re: Strausburg to Paris in may by train

Tickets for all trains on that route are sold by SNCF - French State Railways, although some trains are actually German Intercity trains. The website is http://www.sncf-connect.com or find their app.

Trains are at irregular times, but there should be at least a dozen on that day, which is a Sunday. Most are non-stop to Paris. However at present most trains are not available for reservation, which is compulsory. That usually suggests the possbility of short notice changes to times. You will have to return to the site later.

PS it's Strasbourg. Or did you really mean the little town of Strausberg near Berlin?

Edited: 10 April 2024, 08:57
Level Contributor
3,927 posts
9 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Strausburg to Paris in may by train

Which website are you looking at?

J.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
120,497 posts
440 reviews
365 helpful votes
3. Re: Strausburg to Paris in may by train

I hope it's not Rail Ninja😆

Level Contributor
3,927 posts
9 reviews
2 helpful votes
4. Re: Strausburg to Paris in may by train

That's exactly what I was worried about... :)

J.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
5. Re: Strausburg to Paris in may by train

yes, it was a typo. Strasbourg is where I'll be.

Very few and expensive options when I was looking on SNCF site. Maybe it's a holiday weekend?

Level Contributor
3,927 posts
9 reviews
2 helpful votes
6. Re: Strausburg to Paris in may by train

The journeys that say "fully booked" may not have not been released yet for some reason.

You'll need to keep checking back but if you don't feel confident to wait, book your ticket now, before the fares go up even more.... :)

J.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
11,191 posts
70 reviews
66 helpful votes
7. Re: Strausburg to Paris in may by train

May 8 and 9 are public holidays in france, so people may be taking a long weekend and heading back home on that Sunday. So booked trains and high prices are not unusual in that case.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
3,132 posts
12 reviews
4 helpful votes
8. Re: Strausburg to Paris in may by train

As an alternative there are some direct TGVs from Strasbourg to Charles de Gaulle airport, from where you make your way into Paris

Torquay, United...
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
32,137 posts
45 reviews
38 helpful votes
9. Re: Strausburg to Paris in may by train

I can believe that some journeys are fully booked and those remaining are expensive. This is for a Sunday at the end of a holiday weekend that is now less than a month away.

Level Contributor
3,927 posts
9 reviews
2 helpful votes
10. Re: Strausburg to Paris in may by train

I've just re-checked this journey and there are still some decent prices (in my mind) for the available journeys.

If you MUST travel that day book something.... :)

J.

Reply to: Strausburg to Paris in may by train
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.