We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saverpass SBB doubt

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
2,886 reviews
2,909 helpful votes
Saverpass SBB doubt

Hello fellow travelers!

I enquire today about a specific concern regarding this type of ticket. I was planning on taking the RhB to do the Bernina express from Tirano and I was wondering if I wanted to hop on and hop off on the same day (especially at Filisur to do visit the Landwasser panoramic spots) this type of ticket would be most suited for it.

For example to take the train at Tirano, step off at Filisur, hike for a while and then take the train back at Alvaneu and head back to Tirano

Just brainstorming so far, nothing certain. I would like to ride the Landwasser but also see it from ground level. Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Wengen, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
18,296 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
1. Re: Saverpass SBB doubt

A Saver Day Pass is good for all public transit in Switzerland. it is an "All you can eat" pass. You can take as much or as little public transit as you like. You can get off and get on again. It is in other ways, very flexible.

So perfect for your plan.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
2,886 reviews
2,909 helpful votes
2. Re: Saverpass SBB doubt

Great!

Thanks for your info.

Public trams are also included right? Even if not provided by SBB as well?

How about Basel and its trans-national services?

By the way, do they check ID?

Bern, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
142 reviews
77 helpful votes
3. Re: Saverpass SBB doubt

The validity stops a t the Swiss border... trams operating into France and Germany are not covered once the border is passed.

Zoomable validity area map : http://www.sbb.ch/en/tickets-offers/travelcards/area-validity-map.html

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
2,886 reviews
2,909 helpful votes
4. Re: Saverpass SBB doubt

Great. Thanks for the tip.

Passes have to be nominated and ID checks are performed?

Reply to: Saverpass SBB doubt
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.