We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No ÖBB seat reservations available

R T
8 posts
1 review
No ÖBB seat reservations available

We have tickets for Salzburg to Zurich in 3 weeks but there are no seat reservations available. There are for trains on the same route after our day of travel which leads me to believe it’s not because they aren’t released yet. I’m traveling with my 80-year-old mother who cannot stand that entire journey or sit on floor. Based on hearing of overcrowding, should I switch to SBB through Munich instead?

4 replies to this topic
Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
10,737 posts
3 reviews
20 helpful votes
1. Re: No ÖBB seat reservations available

No, switch to another direct train. If you don't give an exact date, we can't check what's up!

R T
8 posts
1 review
2. Re: No ÖBB seat reservations available

We’re booked on May 10.

UK
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
20,073 posts
27 reviews
41 helpful votes
3. Re: No ÖBB seat reservations available

I've just looked, and reservations are available on the 10th - wonder if this was a temporary glitch?

Strangely the ÖBB web site seems to think it's going to be a busy day. I don't think it is! It's Friday after Ascension, so anybody wanting to travel for the long week-end will have travelled Thursday or even Wednesday evening.

(OP, in case you're not aware, the 9th is a public holiday)

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
42,610 posts
27 reviews
167 helpful votes
4. Re: No ÖBB seat reservations available

This issue has been resolved in the meantime:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g190410-i146-k14734451-No_OBB_seat_reservations_available-Austria.html

Reply to: No ÖBB seat reservations available
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.