We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sochi to Beirut

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
16 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Sochi to Beirut

How would one get from Sochi to Beirut? Is it really true that the most direct flight is via MOSCOW??! That doesn't make any sense. But if it is so, I'm assuming a train would be a better bet?

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sochi to Beirut

I'm not sure train is practical either as I don't think there are any functioning railways in Lebanon. You would need to travel from Sochi through Georgia and Turkey and there might (or might not) be bus services across some of those borders. Russia and Georgia are somewhere close to at war so the border may be closed.

You may need visas for these countries.

Is it possible to get a train to some bigger city not too far away that has a direct flight to Turkey?

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,810 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sochi to Beirut

You can fly from Sochi to Istanbul on Donavia airline (a subsidiary of Aeroflot), 1.45 minutes flight, they don't fly everyday, but at least 3 times a week, and then with perhaps Turkish airlines to Beirut.

This would be the best option, but since on 2 separate tickets and probably one way, I would expect to pay ov er 600 USD for the routes.

Train, even if possible, would take forever and would require you to get a number of visas.

3. Re: Sochi to Beirut

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2010, 06:16