We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Eurostar

aberdeen
Level Contributor
1,755 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
The Eurostar

Hi

I am using the Eurostar for the 1st time next week, i have a very tight connection to meet off this train which means, i will have to fly out of the train and dash down the stairs like a rat up a drainpipe, (and that's if it arrives on time).

I will be travelling 2nd class, obviously the 1st class carriages will be at the front, is there anything to stop me getting up 15 mins before we arrive and walking through 1st class, to the front of the train like i can do on a normal train.

Southport UK
Level Contributor
933 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: The Eurostar

Is this arriving in London?

I guess it would depend on how much luggage you're carrying. If it's only a bag I doubt anyone would mind.

I think you can often move faster along the platform at least you can run. It's quite a long way to the exit at St Pancras.

If you mean in Paris the exit is much closer. Brussels I don't know sorry.

Gibel

aberdeen
Level Contributor
1,755 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Eurostar

Ah ok thanks, yes it's Brussels and i only have a small bag, i just was not sure whether the conductor would let me walk through 1st class or not.

I am well used to trains but not the Eurostar so i don't know the routine.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,202 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Eurostar

In Brussels it is quite a long way to the regular station so get your skates on. Just be careful of pickpockets there, but you'll be running past them so fast you probably won't notice them :)

I can't see why you can't walk down the train.

aberdeen
Level Contributor
1,755 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Eurostar

Ha ha i guess i won't thanks.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2,617 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Eurostar

1st class on a Eurostar is in the middle so you could be at either end travelling 2nd.

There is supposed to be a subway at Brussels giving a shortcut to the other platforms, but I have never managed to find it!

aberdeen
Level Contributor
1,755 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Eurostar

Ok thanks it all helps.

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
14,291 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Eurostar

If you booked your onward connection from Eurostar as part of the same transaction, or showed the international tickets and asked for your domestic tickets to be endorsed CIV (Conditions Internationales de Vente) then you have a guarantee of onward transport in the case of missed connections.

aberdeen
Level Contributor
1,755 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Eurostar

Hi Boblinks

Well i bought the Eurostar tickets ages ago so i am still entitled to free travel to ABS, so i am going to use my Eurostar ticket to get me to Liege and i have allready bought my return tickets from Liege to Maastricht online.

The Liege - Maastricht is no problem as i have plenty time, if i make the connection in BRU, it really boils down to whether i can run off the Eurostar and get through BRU MIDI to platform 14 in 20 mins (provided the Eurostar arrives on time) to pick up my local train to Liege.

I am not sure where that leaves me if the Eurostar is late and i miss the local train to Liege.

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
14,291 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Eurostar

Get the next one ;-)

aberdeen
Level Contributor
1,755 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Eurostar

Eh perhaps i should have made it clearer, if i fly off the Eurostar and make the 21.57 to Liege, then i can make the "last" train from Liege to Maastricht 23.21, where i have a hotel booked however, if i miss the 21.57 from Midi to Liege and catch a later one then it leaves me stuck in Liege,as there are no more trains or busses to Maastricht, after 23.21.