We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trains from venice to rome

shellharbour
9 posts
Save Topic
trains from venice to rome

hi, can anyone help me with regard to trains from venice to rome. I am wanting to catch a rain from venice st lucia to rome on 8th august 2011 but am getting mixed information with travel times.

one website tells me on trenitalia that leaves about 10.30am & gets to rome after 2.pm. another website tells me only overnight trains that take 10 hrs leaving near 11pm at night are available....frustrating when I want to book accomodation in rome for the night of 8th! appreciate any info regarding these trains.I understand that the summer timetables arent out yet but that they may not differ a great deal to those available now. ta

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2,671 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trains from venice to rome

Where are you looking? - there are regular trains from Venice to Rome - currently hourly taking 3 hours 46 minutes. The times for August won't be available yet but they don't usually change much - look at trenitalia.it or bahn.de for the current timetable.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trains from venice to rome

There is a timetable change in Italy on June 12. Italians seem to be slow in uploading the new timetables, so don't count on August timetables being online until end May.

Do as above poster said. Look at the same weekday in e.g. April or May.

The connections you can find on German Rail website are only City Night Line and Euro Night trains.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,901 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trains from venice to rome

This timetable site shows all the links jizdnirady.idnes.cz/vlakyautobusy/spojeni/ - English button bottom right. I find it more user-friendly than bahn.de (which also shows all the connections, but you have to do more fiddling about)

Edited: 11 February 2011, 17:12
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
90,282 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trains from venice to rome

Trenitalia has not yet decided its timetable beyond 12 June. Any site that claims to have information past that data is making it up.

The times will not change much. There is a fast train every hour between Venice and Rome, plus some slower InterCity trains. This pattern of service will not change, and you can confidently make hotel bookings.

5. Re: trains from venice to rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2012, 20:25