We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaga to Madrid by train

Coleraine
Level Contributor
80 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Malaga to Madrid by train

Help!

Can someone please tell me in very simple terms how to book a ticket from Malaga to Madrid in October and get all the relevant discounts.My wife and I are over 60 and can travel mid week.

The refne site is a nightmare?

For example can they be booked through agents in the UK?

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malaga to Madrid by train

Simple terms -

seat61.com/…How_to_use_www.renfe.com

Comprehensive terms -

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madr…

Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
8,305 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malaga to Madrid by train

You can also book through www.petrabax.com, although there's a slight markup as you'd expect.

I always buy from www.renfe.com, it works fine for me, with cheap 'web' fares from just €30 Madrid-Malaga if you pre-book.

Coleraine
Level Contributor
80 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malaga to Madrid by train

Thanks for your email.

Have tried refne web site but it will not aliow me to book for 2persons it doubles up to 4 having picked the train times and calculating total fare cost but maybe that is a temp glitch?Or have I missed something?

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malaga to Madrid by train

I have not seen your problem before.

BUT - If you are trying to purchase tickets in October you are far too early and will not be able to do so - read the the first line of the simple guide I gave.

If not provide the date of your journey.

Coleraine
Level Contributor
80 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malaga to Madrid by train

Thank you

No I realise I cannot book for October ,I was just "experimenting" to see how it worked or not?

Thanks for the 2 links ,very useful

Coleraine
Level Contributor
80 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malaga to Madrid by train

Help,

I try and book a return ,it (renfe website) will not allow me to "search" for a return ,Ok try to book a one way ticket-

I try and book a single and it converts one passenger into 4 persons

Am I making some fundamental error that I connot see

It's not that I am computer illiterate or maybe I am?

Coleraine
Level Contributor
80 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Malaga to Madrid by train

Now using Firefox which is working

How do you apply for the return discount,it has not appeared prior to payment process,or is it applied by the system at payment stage

8. Re: Malaga to Madrid by train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2013, 07:15