Hi, I'm researching companies offering trips on the Trans-Siberian and Trans-Mongolian railways for a holiday next year. I've looked at 35 different trips and narrowed it down to about 7 different companies. Can anyone offer me any pointers or warnings in relation to any of the following companies:
1. Steppes Travel - they look very impressive but have been a little slow in responding to me. I feel they would be highly professional and knowledgeable although rather pricey.
2. Intrepid Travel - don't customise trips but the off-the-peg trip does like fabulous and not too expensive.
3. Regent Holidays - these have been so attentive to detail and helpful with customising a trip for me.
4. Audley Travel - have put together an amazing itinerary for me and have been so good in communicating with me, but the trip looks very expensive.
5. Trailfinders - say they will need to do it through Sundowners and I'm awaiting a response. I understand they have a great reputation.
6. Lupine Travel - ridiculously cheap which makes me nervous!! But a lovely itinerary with great add ons so why am I having reservations?
7. Intourist - are currently preparing an itinerary and quote for me. Have been very helpful so far. All of companies they may have the best local knowledge as they are Russian but I have found no reviews anywhere. Ex-KGB run organisation, set up by Stalin for the "policing" of foreign visitors... now not the case but still makes you wonder... I'd love people's opinion!
Anyone have any opinions please? All gratefully received!